Nice to meet you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by georgianewyork, May 8, 2006.

1. georgianewyork

georgianewyork New Member

Hello. So nice to meet you all. I suppose, like everyone here, you get a sense that inspite of being alone mainstream, you are not the only one that feels this way.

Two months ago the Chief of Infectious Disease, who had diagnosed me three years ago with CFS, informed me there was "nothing they could do for me". Sick and tired of being sick and tired (smile). I tried to contact two local support groups but it never came to fruition. My first thought was "everyone is too tired".

I am delighted to learn of you and look forward to helping make a difference. Thanks for renewed hope.
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Welcome to the board! So glad to have you....

As you can tell, some of us also get tired and "drop out" for awhile, but there are plenty others to take our place while we're gone LOL!!

If you've "lurked" here for awhile, you may have seen some hints to the newbies (search Newbies by Topic):

Keep paragraphs shortened, please! Some like me get dizzy and fall off chair reading long ones...and my chair is an armchair...ha!

You can click on anyones screen name to learn more about them if they have finished their "profile"...sorry, I haven't! But if you "average" all of us, I'm probably perfectly in the middle, LOL.

Any questions, just post it....you will get more than you ever asked for....and some brilliant ones at that!

Have fun here, too, we love to laugh...
    findmind
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

NICE TO MEET YOU!

~Alicia
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

georgianewyork a very warm welcome to a great site on here you will make lots of lovely new friends we are all part of 1 big happy fibro family.
    Sometimes we have to go offline if were to tired or in a flare etc.
    Dont worry there will always be someone on her the best ever site welcome again.
    May god bless you & yours.
    Fibrolady37.
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am sorry that you needed this board, but like me, I am sure you will be thankful for it! I use to tell family and friends that I was too busy to make contact like I feel I should. Now, I am too tired. But even at my worst days I like to come here and read advice from others & offer encouragement. Hugs, Tam
  6. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I have found this site to be very helpful. I like knowing that everyone here understands what is happening to me. It is hard to talk about these illnesses with other people sometimes. And here you are part of the family.
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Quick welcome to you. We will talk again. Sorry you are suffering we all have been or are there.

Love Anne C
  8. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Welcome to our home here on the Fibro board, sorry to hear your feeling the way you are but we are all family here and love and support each other..no question is too embarasing or too stupid.
    Ann

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
  9. sherri_baby

sherri_baby New Member

Welcome to the board and glad you found the site. It has been a blessing to me in many ways. You will find friendship, understanding, and great information here.

Best wishes,
    Sherri
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This is a nice place to visit if you have to be sick.

You can read our profiles by clicking on our names. Fill out your own so we can get to know you.
  11. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I see you have been posting and I read your profile and saw you were from Long Island...Whe you first came on, I welcomed you but somehow didn't realize by your username that you were from NY...Yes, fog induced haze...tehe

I am originally from Long Island, North Massapequa, Farmingdale and North and West Babylon before moving to Maine...I miss it so but my godfather lives in Elmont still and says I shouldn't think of coming back...

I was wondering what area you were in (if you would care to share)...I also noticed you were in kitchen and bath sales. I used to be a designer for a company and we did several big jobs for NYNEX, Social Security and many fortune 500 cos...I also did private homes too...I miss it but unfortunately I could never return to work, esp. that type of job, everything so fast-paced, I get confused just typing posts here...

Well, thought I would write to see if you'd like to share...There have been a few others from LI that recently joined us here...If you'd like see my profile, it's one very long paragraph cause I haven't gotten to breaking it up (there is a way and I haven't found the brain cells yet to completely redo it)...

Hope you are enjoying the board, the members are truly wonderful...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia