Night eater

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Dec 11, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I don't want any food all day, nothing, 2 cups of coffee in am, then about 4 -6 must eat, then I just wanna eat for hours, munchy. I just saw in my merck manual tonight under obesity that night eater is a major cause, we all know this but it is apparantly much worse habit than I thought.

I have gained a ton of weight since I got this & right before from remeron.

Any one else?
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I don't want any food all day, nothing, 2 cups of coffee in am, then about 4 -6 must eat, then I just wanna eat for hours, munchy. I just saw in my merck manual tonight under obesity that night eater is a major cause, we all know this but it is apparantly much worse habit than I thought.

I have gained a ton of weight since I got this & right before from remeron.

Any one else?
  3. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

at all until 3 am every single night. Coffee when I get up and then I force eat something at dinner every night and gag it down, but at 3 am watch out I am HUNGRY....maybe my internal clock is just off? I should be sleeping not eating..lol. It is 3 am right now where I am and ummmmm I am eating chicken and dumplings?
    Rain
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

are you and I twins????? This is just eerie!
    Yes, I pig and stay awake at night.....I've yet to munch on a salad, though....those poptarts and snacks are just hollering, "eat me first!!!"
    I have not closed my eyes since 5 a.m. YESTERDAY and I am wired to the max. I've gotten a lot done, but I'll pay dearly for it.....
    Love,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 12/12/2002]
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That has been a very bad habit of mine for a lifetime.

I could go the entire day without food, only feel hungry about 6pm. I am not a big eater, or a sweets eater either.

But I want food at night, like an owl or a bat!

I have reveresed this, but I can assure you it is not easy to do.

After I got IBS, Acid Reflux,ulcers, heartburn so bad that I had to change my eating habits. No choice.

Not only does night eating cause weight gain in some people, but it interferes with sleep (another one of my problems).

I had to 'train' myself to eat at least a slice of toast in the morning, then some food in the day, then a supper before 6 or 7 pm. Later than that, and I have trouble with all the above plus restless sleep.

I kept plain whole wheat crackers by the bed table, if I woke up hungry, I would eat just plain crackers!

I still hate to eat early in the day, but I do not allow myself to eat at night anymore. Its just not worth it.

BUT its like smoking, many people can 'quit', but never lose that urge to smoke. The same thing goes for night eaters.

I used to drink pots of coffee a day, but quit that years ago. I only have one cup in the morning to get going. I don't think it is the coffee, but it probably does not help the problem.

I didn't have a weight problem, but I sure had sleeping and stomach problems from night eating.

Shalom, Shirl