Night Sweats I hate them......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smalone, Mar 16, 2006.

1. smalone

smalone New Member

I am a 36-year-old female with CFS. About 3 weeks out of a month I have night sweats. I don't get totally drenched but I feel damp and cold all over. I'm currently going through a bad flare up right now. I still have all my female parts and regular periods. Whats up with these night sweats?
  2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

Im 51 and through menopause but the night sweats and day time hot flashes seem to get worse when I feel the worse. I start the night with the blankets up and within 5 min, away with all of the blankets and sheet and then I wake up early in the morning frozen . The strange thing is when its time for my nap each day, I freeze, have to put on socks and the quilt and really snuggle down. How strange is that? I would be interested to hear if this happens to anyone else. At night I sometimes have to get up and change my gown.

Suzette
  3. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi...I have both. I'm 48 and peri-menopause, but you are still young! I take Estroven, extra-strength (over the counter...at Costco) and drink/eat soy products from Revival Soy.

These two things have ended the night sweats, but I still have hot flashes...ugh. They are less frequent, though.

Good luck....I know how awful these thermostat changes can be! Ann
  4. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

I can really relate to the night sweats. I can get so soaked that it pools on my breast bone if I was sleeping on my back and all sheets and pj's are soaked. I've found that Soy Milk helps tremendously with this--if I can remember to drink it. It comes in different flavors--chocolate is my favorite and is hard to tell the difference from reg. choc. milk. It's 100% soy, so doesn't effect lactous intolorants.

Good luck,
    Foggygirl
  5. joc_07

joc_07 New Member

I have to add about the night sweats. I am 25 and during this last year I have been having them off and on. In the last week it's been happening on my chest and neck that I wake up in a sweat. Before that it was all-over sweats. I used to sleep in pajamas and socks and now I have to pull off my pajama pants and socks after being in bed for 5 minutes. I am not overweight (barely) and I'm definately not premenopausal.

Jocelyn
  6. painandagony

painandagony New Member

Mine just came and went and i don't know why. I had them for about a year....
  7. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

I seem to get them if my sleeping patterns were more disrupted. When I started taking melatonin before bed, they disappeared.

Strange coincidence, perhaps, but I don't think so.
  8. gongee

gongee New Member

I am 53 years old and actually my night sweats and hot flashes had stopped until I was in a bad car accident that worsened the fibromyalgia. Then everything started up again. After the past 4 years of night sweats after night sweats and hot flashes where I could run around in my underwear outside in 20 degree weather comfortably, I decided to give bio idential hormones a try. Thank goodness I was able to talk myself into it as I am so medication sensitive even with natural supplements. It took a little while for it to get in my system, but I can't believe I much better I feel with my hormones in balance. Not only did the night sweats, hot flahses, irritiablity, etc went away, I have more energy and the pain is not was bad as it was before. I am not saying this is for everyone, it is just what has helped for me. Take care.