Night Sweats Ruined My New SleepShirt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Aug 22, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I finally bought myself something new to sleep in, a nice brown tshirt with a design on it. Well, nightsweats last night, and the shirt is now discolored all around the neck and shoulders, almost like I got bleach on it, the sweat turned it a sort of orange. Very upsetting.

I swear, I'd like to bring this into the doctor and show her, but I don't think she would believe me. She'll probably think I washed it or got hair bleach on it. But the truth is, it's a brand new shirt.

I think I get the nightsweats so much that I forget I even get them sometimes. Except when I've woken up lately with the sweat dripping in my eyes.
  2. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Because I too have night sweats and never once have they changed the color of my night clothes. I'm not a nurse or doctor, but it seems to me that something this drastic proves that something is definitely wanky in your system.

I have no idea what it could be, maybe your PH is way off, or it could simply be that the dye in the material is just bad. But to be on the safe side, please let the doctor have a look. This just does not sound like anything good.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2008]
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I would wash it first and see if the color vanishes and then you know for sure whether it was you or the dye. Some dye is not set and then you have to soak it in salt water first I think. P
  4. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

hi teabisqit

i do the same thing!! i do it with everything including towels, washcloths, and my clothes that i wear everyday. i will even take the color out of my husbands clothes where i touch them or lay my head on his shoulder.

the color is not out of all my clothes but a whole lot of them and all my pj's and all my towels and washclothes.

my mother told me to tell the dr. but i always seem to forget because i have to much pain and things about fm to tell her and there is never enough time. i need to write it down for the next visit(if i don't forget).

i would like to know more about this too. i go to my daughters house and i take the color out of her towels too.
    good thing i don't go to alot of places or i would leave behind a trail of discolored towels.

5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

It's usually a hormonal imbalance. It can also be thyroid. I tend to get it more if I eat fish, and I had eaten crab, which I'm not supposed to do with my thyroid problems. Not really sure why it's discoloring the clothing, though. Salt, PH, who knows. It sucks though :(