Night sweats, Savella and topical yeast infection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cakeart, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Cakeart

Cakeart New Member

I've been on Savella for two weeks and nightsweats don't seem to be abating, causing yeast infection under breasts. Anyone else having nightsweats? If so, will it improve over time? The Savella really seams to be giving me more energy and I hurt less. I have been taking Lyrica for more than a year which helps but gives me blurred vision to the point that I can't drive if I take morning dose. I can't take cymbalta at all as it gives me the worst nightmares of my life alternating with 3 days of intense insomnia.
  2. kjade

kjade New Member

I am on Savella too. I believe this is my 3rd week. (dr gave me 2 titration packs to save $$). I too have noticed a lot of sweating and flushing. I seem to get it at the same time that I get really naseous, but it usually passes just as quickly as it came on.

I did notice this morning when I woke up that I was really sweating....I do notice that I get nightsweats quite frequently, but it really doesn't bother me too much. I look at it as my body getting rid of excess water (and hopefully helping with my weight loss since I just had a baby 4 months ago..lol)

I too have been taking Lyrica off and on for about 2 yrs. And I have the same problems you described with it. And it really doesn't seem to help with my pain anyway. In fact, I think Lyrica causes me more pain, because I notice more pain the morning, and that is when I take the Lyrica. (I refuse to take meds before I go to bed for many reasons).

My Dr has wanted me to take Cymbalta for the longest time, and I just refuse. I have been on so many AD's over the years and they never help, and I have a horrible time coming off of them. I agreed to try Savella, and it seems to be helping my pain and I have noticed I have more energy. So the Dr wants me to slowly stop the Lyrica, and then up my dose of the Savella.

I have read that the side effects do go away with time. So hopefully the sweating and nausea will go away soon. Good luck and keep us posted!
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Nightsweats are often associated with Babesia infection......see pages 22 and 26 of this lyme expert's paper.....

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf
  4. DB2_in_Idaho

DB2_in_Idaho New Member

Hi Cakeart,

How is the Savella working for you? I also have Fibromyalgia and had been looking at Savella as an option.

DB2