nightmare gynecologists

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reptilerescueca, Oct 27, 2006.

1. reptilerescueca

reptilerescueca New Member

Several years ago before I realized something was wrong with my body... FMS
    I was experienceing excruciating pain during lovemaking with my husband, this later escillated to sharp knife like pain shooting thru my right lower abdomen, twisting and then was gone again.. I could wake up out of a sound sleep with this pain or it could double me over any time during the day.
    I went to doctor after doctor at my local kaiser hospital... never saw the same one twice! Anyway, I was told that it was adhesions from a ruptured apendix surgery a couple of years earlier and that I would have to live with the pain. The more I complained and asked to see the gynecologist the more I was told that I would have to just live with it... finally I got my appointment... over a year away!!!
    I cancelled my Kaiser and got another insurance, the new doctor asked if I had ever had an ultrasound done which was of course never dont... We were both shocked when she found a large tumor on my right ovary!!! I was scheduled for surgery 2 days later and the pain has never come back!!!
    That taught me the power of persistance!!!
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Considering that lots of doctors can't even treat "regular" illnesses like obvious tumors, is it really a surprise that they have no help for us?
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

That is an amazing story yet somehow I'm not surprised at all. I can't even remember when my Doc last did any type of physical exam. (Yet my records show that he did)

I went to the ob for about 15 years with horrible periods, neverending etc....until I finally got a female doc who dx me as being scarred shut 5 minutes after the exam started.

It really shouldn't be this hard to find proper medical care.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  4. baanders

baanders New Member

What a horrible, scary experience. I'm so glad you are pain free. I understand what you're going through. I have a pelvic US scheduled for November because of painful periods. The last one felt like I was in labor.

baanders