NIH Research on Vitamin C

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by waltz, Aug 5, 2008.

1. waltz

waltz New Member

I think this is the first research I have seen on vitamin C as a therapy by any respected research organization. It is not on CFS but still interesting and a milestone!

It's reported in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) which is I think the most respected scientific publication.

Vitamin C Injections Slow Tumor Growth in Mice
    August 4, 2008
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I have found high-dose Vitamin C to be extremely helpful with both pathogen killing and detoxification, as well as general body support.

Even higher doses are used in cancer, and I'm glad to finally see research coming out that it's effective.

Hopefully now more studies will be done on other uses of it.

THanks much for posting this!

Best, Lisa
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Here's a link to another NIH study which was done in 2006 re the benefits of intravenous vitamin C against cancer:

This vindicated Linus Pauling's work done back in the 1960's. The Mayo Clinic supposedly discredited his work by a study it performed, but the clinic used oral - not intravenous - vitamin C, which made all the difference. Unfortunately, that ill-fated Mayo Clinic study carried the day for many many years, discouraging further inquiry into the benefits of vitamin C.

It is very encouraging now to see these new studies coming out - thank you for posting!

[This Message was Edited on 08/06/2008]