Nink, do you think there are effective treatments for ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Plantscaper, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

these DDs in homeopathy? and does it treat along the same principles as using a small amount of a particular problem, and depends on an appropriate reaction by your immune system..in that case, I probably would not be a good candidate for that, if I can't tolerate allergy shots without getting much worse, would I? I talked to an allergist about this, and she said it was because I had autoimmune problems, therefore, my immune system is mixed up.. I posted on the subject, PCOS, too..I think I have had that for a long time, and wanted to see how you were diagnosed? Could you elaborate on why you felt you had that for a long time? as I think I may have had similar thoughts.. LOL, AMELIA
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

You seem to be a very compassionate and knowlegable person. Have I given the idea that I am new to this? I have diagnosed since l987..Initially, I was really motivated when they did not really know how to treat these DDs at all and went thru a lot of the alternative treatments that did not make much of a dent in my problems at all (I.V.s of minerals, chelation therapy, magnesium shots, Dr. Orian Truss's yeast therapy (that began in l984 when I did not know about CFS), etc. and I became real turned-off at that point. The only doc (who was actually a internal medicine doc and very intelligent), who had much more integrity, indicated to me to wait for research advancements towards a nationally recognized cure..He felt like a lot of these docs were taking advantage of people who desperately wanted to get well.. which I was in total agreement with..So, I hibernated for a long time, focusing on educating myself about horticulture..which is mentally and spiritually healing for me, but not really keeping up with the research..but, the reality of not being notified of a nationally-recognized and accepted cure, which he thought would come along in about 4 years at the most about 7 years ago, has made me face the reality of I don't much more time to waste...I can certainly understand the frustration..it seems like the patients in this disease have to solve the puzzle..it's unbelievable how long it has taken and I have certainly been very depressed about IT, but you are a very helpful and valuable person..just hang in there.. I, especially, appreciate your honesty about what doesn't work..DID YOU SEE AJME'S POST , YESTERDAY, ABOUT WHAT CHENEY SAYS ABOUT USING VARIOUS MEDS TO BALANCE THE IMMUNE SYSTEM, WITHOUT HAVING TO USE ANTIBIOTICS? LOL, AMELIA
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2003]

[ advertisement ]