Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missizzy, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

I just wanted you to know how your suggestion has touched two people close to me today. We ordered two sets of the "Guided Imagery for the Three Stages of Healing Trauma: Nine Meditations for Posttraumatic Stress"
    by Belleruth Naparstek. My older son received his set for an MP3 and immediately downloaded it. He called me an hour ago from the road as he traveled to pick up his sons for a visit. He told me tearfully that he was listening to the tapes and had not felt so calm and centered since his daughter died last October. He asked me to personally thank you for your suggestion. This is coming from an incredibly bright and talented young man who has fine psychiatric, medical, and therapeutic intervention. It's the gentle words of Ms. Naparstek, however, that seem to have touched him. I cannot wait to receive the second set for out younger son who also suffers from PTSD.

I have perused this website off and on all day and cannot tell you how impressed I am with it. For those interested, it is There are guided imagery CDs for just about any disorder, illness, phobia, or trauma that you can think of. What a blessing that these exist!!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post.

Exuberant but gentle hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 08/16/2008]
  2. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

The primary reason I contacted my son, Noah, was to help with the decisions concerning the formats of the "tapes". He ordered a set of CD's for my younger son and the downloads for himself. As I was on the phone with him, they came through and he said it was quite easy to do. However, he's a computer whiz, graphic artist, "copy-guy". He said that you have a set number of days that you have access to the downloads. The reason I ordered a separate set for my other son is I'm kind of a stickler for copyright laws. One of our best friends owns an independent record/CD store so I have to practice what I preach to my kids.

I've been so impressed with the variety of titles offered. I've got at least four on my wish list for other loved ones--sleep, fear of flying, dental fear--and yes, the FM/ME one for me. If you have that one, could you possibly post about it? I think others on the board would really benefit.