No answers to the why's of the hurricanes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinetee, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Christinetee

Christinetee New Member

Does anyone wonder why all these hurricanes continue to plague mainly the U.S. every year more so now than ever? I don't get it. I don't understand when people say things happen for a reason in this case. There are so many that died, children left homeless, people/animals left to die, nothing to go back to as they had nothing to begin with. And now, now there's another huge one coming towards Texas. What is that one going to do? How many lives will it take?

It's easy to say things happen for a reason, but the people who say that are usually ones who are okay in life. Not the people who are in such pain from grieving. Look at the policemen who committed suicide from seeing so much horror in New Orleans.

Of course there are a lot of good and wonderful things that happen in life. I just don't 'get' that there's so much of the other.

Lynda
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I don't think any of us have any answers as these type of things (bad things) have been going on since the beginning of time.

You could also ask why do some have these DD's and some don't? How fair is that and why?

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Global warming and the pollution we are filling our earth and skies with.
    The polar caps are melting and there is even less sunlight reaching the earth and beginning to effect the plants. Man has made his nest and then used it for a toilet. I don't think the final answer lies in mankind's power to fix, but I do think the power's that be could slow
    it down if they got rid of the fossel
    fuels and other forms of pollution even a little bit!
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

There is a bit of science involved. The number and strength of hurricanes are cyclical in about 20-25 year increments.

The numbers depend on the amount of rainfall that occurs in Africa, which is also cyclical.

The more the rain in Africa, the more hurricanes we experience. The last "large" season was during 50's-60's with the famous 'canes like Camille and Betsey.

Things tapered off during the 70's-80's with increasing starting again in '92.

I hope this helps some. It's tough when faced with trying to figure out God's will, especially with so much heartache involved.

Take care,

Elsa
  5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

It comes and goes. This one started in 1995 and will continue for about another 10 years. Then it will die down again.

There is more "good"- it's just the news media always focuses on the "bad", it's what gets people's attention. Someone has just written a book to the effect that we live in a time of 'scare tactics'. Look at Mad Cow, Anthrax, no flu shots last year, that chicken flu-thingy. Nothing ever came of any of it, but they tried to incite terror and panic in folks because it gets you to watch.

Turn the TV off. You will be much happier. :)
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I don't know what causes hurricanes but when people build houses below sea level,they are going to have trouble. When you buy land to build a house--the 1st question should be Does the land Flood ? Is it above sea level?It's like the Bible says The foolish man built his house upon the sand and the wise man built his house upon the rock.I think some bad things happen to us b/c we make bad decisions.I myself have lived with quite a few. I'm not saying that this terrible thing isn't awful b/c it is.I have prayed and prayed for all the people that were left homeless.I know some lived there b/c they couldn't afford to live somewhere else. That is so sad. There is people down the road from us 4 miles and there houses flood on a yearly bases if we have heavy rains,they go right back and put tons of money in the very same houses and they are flooded out again.I don't understand this way of thinking. The flood walls in New Orleans has needed repairs for a long time--anyway that's what I understand them saying.
    Shirley
  7. sgtjoe4

sgtjoe4 New Member

The increase in hurricane frequency and intensity is due to solar activity (sun spots etc.). There have been many super flares an coronal mass ejections that send highly charged particles toward earth. You can check n.o.a.a, nasa weather and those types of sites. Even they are getting spooked by the increase in this activity. Used to be an 11 year cycle. but the last few years it seems to have extended. Just part of nature.
    sgtjoe.
  8. Christinetee

Christinetee New Member

all of your replies were! I learned something from each of them. It helped me, thanks for taking the time to answer me.

I have heard that in billions of years, the sun will have burnt the earth up. It will be too hot for us to survive. It's hard to fathom that ever happening, that there would be nothing living. I find it hard to fathom death though, to come to terms that there someday there won't be any, what r you doing tomorrow. That we just won't be.

I too agree man digs his own hole a lot of times. Ruins the earth as well. I wonder why God allows it to keep going on, the pain in this world. He maybe allows it but he does not agree with it I think.

And yes, I need to remind myself that bad news sells so it's a rarity we hear good news from paper/tv news.

Lynda xo
  9. abbylee

abbylee New Member

but it's my understanding that the purpose of a hurricane is to cool the ocean waters.

As for the scientific/global warming/rainfall amount/ etc., aspect of it, I have no clue.

But some of the responses sound reasonable to me.

abbylee

PS I am listening to talk radio as I write this, and the talk show host is Rick Roberts. I've never heard him before, but he's good. He is putting everything that is going on in regard to the storms into perspective, and I fear some folks are finding out for the first time that the world owes none of us anything - if that makes sense.

[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2005]
  10. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

They said that the water goes in a warming cycle every 40 years or so and when this happens, we get more hurricaines. They said this recent activity really has been following the cycle but 40 or 50 years ago, there weren't nearly the amount of people living so close to the shores. They showed hurricaine damages from the early 1900s and 50s.
  11. Christinetee

Christinetee New Member

in that it's been happening for years. We always seem to think it's the worst it's ever been when we are witness to such tragic times. In 1900, there were 6,000-12,000 people who died in that hurricane.

Yeh, man is destroying this earth left and right. Where are all the forests that once were. Where are all the species, gone due to man taking their homes away.

And all the pesticides to keep lawns free of weeds....I can remember when I cut grass as a kid, how all the toads and frogs would be hiding in the hedges. I haven't seen one in so many years.

So many more people in the world, I think it's maybe because we're living longer than ever before. Course where I live, they're cutting back even more on health care. Are all these seniors, sick people to die at home one day soon? I know I'm not alone when I say I don't 'get' it.

Lynda
  12. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

God is trying to get the attention of His people. When will we listen to what He has to say?
  13. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

It has a lot to do with the winds, the tides and the warmth of the waters. It happens to flow to us.

The USA is one of the world's worst polluters. We gorge on the worst offenders, fossil fuels, oil and gas like voracious monsters who's appetite can't get enough. We also happen to be one of the only countries not willing to join hands about doing something about global warming.

Expect to see more and more devastating storms like this increase every year. Scientists who were trying to warn our goverment predicted this would happen years ago, and here it is. And yet not only are we not doing something about it, we are still trying to deny it and drill for more oil in America's last great wildlife refuge, in ALaska.

Global warming is here NOW.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2005]