no answers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaykow, Feb 11, 2003.

1. kaykow

kaykow New Member

There is not a day that goes by that some part of me doesn't hurt. Some days the pain is worse than others. Some parts hurt one day but not the next. The doctors I have been to won't diagnose me with fibromyalgia because I have 2 abnormal blood test results. None of these doctors have been able to give me any answers about the blood test results. This has been going on for 1 1/2 years. I quit going to doctors because it is causing me too much stress. It is too stressful for me to go to the doctor and not get any answers. I live in Northern Virginia and have gone to doctors on my insurance list. However, I have a fee for service plan which is suppossed to mean that I can go to any doctor but have found that this is not the case. Some doctors have refused to see me because of the insurance I have. Many doctors don't have hours that are convenient for me. I work and can't take off work all the time to go to the doctor.
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

Sorry about all the flustration you are feeling. It is always such a struggle for us it seems in the med field. What is it with your abnormal tests and were they trying to treat you for that? i guess I am confused about that, sorry. As everyone encourages everyone else to do keep looking for a Doctor to treat you. You can't give up on it. I have been to ton and a half of Doctors' and I do get flustrated also but i keep searching and you need to do that too okay. You are going to wear yourself too thin if you don't.
    I hope that things begin to look up for you. Take care of yourself and keep fighting the fight okay.
    Joannie
  3. kaykow

kaykow New Member

I have an elevated sed rate and elevated c reactive protein. They are not treating me for anything. both rheumatologists I went to said they didn't know what is wrong. I've been to a hematologist. He ruled out multiple myeloma but thats all he did.

I can't keep going to doctors. It is more frustrating to go and not get answers than it is to just not go.