No Article in Toronto Star Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, May 12, 2006.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I was bitterly disappointed that there was no mention in the paper today and I emailed and told them so.

To make it worse today was their Health Section day!!!

Sue in Ontario
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sue,
    I'm with you! It's surprising that in a city this large, this story seems to be missed. There is more action in Ottawa. I know there is to be a proclamation in the Senate.

What we need though is more grass roots information.I even checked the web site of the ME Assn. of Ontario and there was nothing there.

This is the great 'Catch-22'of this disease. We have to be more vocal about it and yet we don't have the energy to do what need to be done. We'll see what happens on the news tonight.

Kathy.
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I suggested that they look into a future article for their health section. Who knows if they will.

On a good note, I work (from home, fortunately for me), for a media agency. I sent out an email to most of the people in my address book which includes a lot of media people and I did get one very encouraging reply.

Maybe I should have started earlier, but I was really unaware of the ignorance and naively though it would be a big news story!

Sue in Ontario
  4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Bumping to hear if other papers ran a story.

5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sue,
    On the site fm-cfs.ca, there is a list of 18 cities participating in FM Awareness day. There is also a copy of the proclamation from the city of Ottawa and the city of Toronto. So in spite of the fact that the papers didn't print a story, the city has recognized May 12.

Kathy.