No Cancer...they think. Have U made your Gyno yet???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Jul 19, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

Great News...the Endo. Biopsy was negative as well as the PSA blood test for Cervical Cancer!!!! "phew"

The Bad news...Have to wait until Late August/Early Sept. to have hysterectomy!!! Doc is booked until then, which I suppose is a good sign, but the anxiety is going to kill me if the pain doesn't.

So, Have you made your Gyno appt yet?? if not then get up, and go make it now!! I would not be in this mess if I had listened to my body and went in earlier. I too was just so sick of doctors, and I especially dreaded the Gynocologist.

My life is in limbo...again!! lol
    Achy

My life is on "hold" again.
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm so glad there's no cancer!

It's always hard to have to wait so long for your surgery appt. I am currently waiting until mid-Aug. for my other knee surgery.

Good luck on your surgery. I had a vaginal hysterectomy and the recovery was quick. This was the easiest operation that I ever had! I was so glad that I had it done!

Hugs,
    Janet
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I only see my gyno every 3-4 years for a female check up but I do see him every year for a breast check and that is it.

I had to have my hyster at 34 yrs old. I had so many cysts and problems that every thing female and my appendix was removed too. I don't want to see the gyno this time as mine has retired and I don't have that repore with any one else.

So I need to find a new one. And I will be looking soon for one.But yes we as women should all get our check ups yearly and to get a pap done and to get all checked out. Make sure you all follow thru at it is important to do.

Things have changed in the times I started having female checkups. Take care of oyour self.
    Rosemarie
  4. mary124

mary124 New Member

I had my my checkup already. Had a hyster. about 6 years ago. Just go every other year for a pap, and of course, every year for a breast exam/mammogram, which is scheduled for next week.
  5. lostmisty

lostmisty New Member

*does the Misty dance for negative results*

Yes, those appointments are so important and even more important to make them LISTEN when you tell them something is off. I complained about the heaviness and duration of my periods only to be told "it's probably menopause starting". When I started to bleed 24-7 I tap danced on their heads and they sent me for a uterine biopsy. No cancer but 2 plum sized tumors. The removed the one on my cervix and said the other was to big for vaginal removal. I wanted to keep my uterus so they gave me a evil shot to induce chemical menopause to try and shrink it. When that didn't work enough they embolized it. That worked. Anyway, I talk too much. :) I tell everyone to remember that exam!