No cure, but help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by padre, Aug 5, 2008.

1. padre

padre New Member

The last two weeks I have been feeling better and it started with quiting my doctor who I really liked.

To explain, I wrote a note to my rheumatologist to tell him I would not be back. He is a long way away, and I think we have gone as far as we can go. He phoned me after getting the note. He agreed. He said, he had done everything he could and while we enjoy one another's company we were not getting any farther. But, he said, any time I needed him I should feel free to call or come in.

I said, that there was one last thing. He had suggested I try Lidoderm Patches on my tender points. I had felt it would not work. Now, I thought I'd give it a try.

He called in a prescription. I have gotten up in the morning and have my wife push on my back until she hits a tender point. I cut the patches and she puts them on.

I have felt less pain during the day and sleep better at night. I know Lidoderm Patches have been mentioned before, but I wanted to give my testmony on their use. I will report on their long term effect. They are very expensive. Even the co-pays are high.

They work for me.
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Wonderful! I'm so glad for you, to have found some relief. Whatever it takes, right?

Thank you for sharing this with us; it may help many more than you'll ever know!

Mucho gracias,
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

use them occasionally when I have a really bad "spot" and they do temporarily help some. That was one of the first things I learned after the Fibro got severe, ANY help for ANY period of time is worth it. Combined with medication, hot pad, ice packs, stretching exercises, Epsom Salts hot baths followed by a decent linament cream, relaxation methods..all sorts of similar things help also. But for me if I didn't have medication it would be mostly a waste as nothing else even touched it when the pain was untreated and in full force! Good luck! Bambi
  4. terrimaguire

terrimaguire New Member

I use Flector Patches too, mostly at night, and they do seem to help some.