No Emotional Support from spouse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sewcrafty, Aug 24, 2008.

1. sewcrafty

sewcrafty New Member

Hello all !

How was your day ? What wanted to know how you deal with getting no emotional support from your spouse.

Meaning--- Every time I make a comment about my pain, he say its all in your head a nd you are a pain in my butt. Never a positive word comes out of his mouth. I can go around all day with a positive attitude even in severe pain and I still get negative comments from him.

How do you cope? I know its thru the grace of God that he keeps me and loves me. And yes, I love the song " the Anchor Holds" it reminds me that my body has been battered -but God is the anchor that I can hold on to.

I hardly ever post and I thought it would be nice to get some suggestions from others on how to cope with someone who gives you no emotional support.

Take care and have a BLESSED EVENING!

Barb in WV
  2. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

There have been a couple of threads about husbands and the way they treat their spouses. I don't really know how to cope either. I almost all the time get negative reactions from my husband. If I tell him I don't feel good today he says I know I hear it every day. I don't know if my marriage will hang in there thru all this. I hope it does but I'm starting to feel very unwanted and alone and no self confidense again. :(

So all I can say is I know what you are talking about. I don't think anyone truely knows what we go thru unless they did too. Its very hard!

Trying to figure it out myself :(