No Energy? Exhausted? Please help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chris350, Apr 28, 2009.

1. chris350

chris350 New Member

I know this disease zaps your energy but has anyone had success with anything they have tried to increase their energy? If so, please share!!!! I am EXHAUSTED as soon as I get out of bed.
  2. pluis

pluis New Member

Me too! But I use canned oxygen and that seems to give me a little more energy. Just a bit more. I have more brainfog in the AM than the rest of the day. I try to take breaks during the whole day (half an hour in bed) and that works. -Mariska
  3. spacee

spacee Member

1. NADH 10mg in am 30 min before breakfast. Sold here at Prohealth. Pricey but they do put it on sale.

2. If out and about, A McDonald's coke.

3. Ritalin ( use low dose half of 5mg for just around the house. Full 5 mg if going out with people) recommends this under "experimental drugs" is the reason my my doc would order it.

If I think of any more, I will post.

BTW Dr. Cheney hates ritalin, Dr. Bell likes there you are.

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You should have your adrenals and your thyroid checked. A naturopath will do this and also will look at all your supplements and meds.

Weak adrenals can make you very tired. Mine were diagnosed by a chiropractor who does muscle testing - he gave me Drenatrophin PMG (an adrenal glandular) by STandard Process which helped a lot. I also had to do other things to support my adrenals - careful with stress, caffeine, sugar, alcohol, the usual suspects. And take pantothenic acid in addition to a good B vitamin complex.

The naturopath should also look at your diet - wheat and dairy are very common allergens which can affect energy.

All these things should be looked at -

Good luck -

5. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

I have the same problem and the morning is the worst time for me. If you've tried all the natural things and they don't work, you might want to try a stimulant med. When I was super zapped in 2006 I took provigil and it allowed me not to be in bed all day. It woke me up but it didn't give my body extra energy, more like it just woke up my mind. Right now I'm not on it but I'm going to ask for it again soon because I'm starting to become more like I was then. Coffee or ginger tea just isn't working to sustain me. Good luck and just know that you aren't alone in this.
  6. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

even if you sleep it may not be quality, i know alot of people arent that keen on lyrica but one thing it does is improve your quality of sleep, especially if you take it with one of the z drugs like ambien etc, limit caffeine to none after 3pm. Some people find a low dose ssri like prozac or zoloft help, in the past i have had some success with zoloft at 12.5mg, 1/4 tablet, can help you past a sticking point. sometimes the best way out of a 'crash' or a 'hole' is to sleep it off, just like a hangover, lol.
    Good luck
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

My CFIDS doctor is Phillip Taylor. He's in Thousand Oaks, so I know it's a bit of a drive for you. His phone is (805) 497-3839. It can take 2-4 months to get an initial appointment, so you might want to call now - you could always cancel if you don't need to see him. They have no trouble filling his appointment book. He's semi-retired, only works Tues, Weds & Thurs. I see him twice a year, so my appointments are made well ahead of time.

One of the first things he has done is a hair analysis, testing levels of minerals, toxins and some other things.

He's the one who started me on Armour thyroid and my regular Medicare doctor tests my thyroid regularly. My TSH is very low, it concerned my Medicare doctor, but Dr. Taylor said not to worry. He does do blood tests but also pays attention to symptoms - low body temp etc.

You have to pay for the appointment at the time of your visit, but his office will bill Medicare for you, so you get reimbursed for part of the cost. I think he's allowed to bill 15% over the amount Medicare allows, and then Medicare pays 80% of the amount it allows, so you end up paying a bit more than 20% of the visit, after reimbursement. He does not bill or accept any Medicare HMO plans.

I'm glad the Drenatrophin is helping your energy! I took adrenal glandulars for several years, but have not taken it in awhile, but am thinking of going back on one.

Take care -

8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You are welcome! Let me know how it goes with him -

9. jmq

jmq New Member

I take Provigil. Its is a medication for Narcolepsy but it is used for FM patients. It is not a works differently on the brain..but I can not explain it. You may want to research it. I was told I could take it every day but I dont. I am afraid its effectiveness would decrease.

I take it when I have an important day or occasion that needs energy. It does not make me the old energetic person that I use to be...but it gets me out of bed and helps my brain fog. When I first started taking it, I got a headache...but after using it a few times, it went away.

Good Luck,
  10. momof27

momof27 New Member

find a heated poop and swim, on my bad days I swim 10hrs
  11. momof27

momof27 New Member

find a heated pool and swim, on my bad days I swim 10hrs