No estrogen at all?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HurtsToMove, Jan 11, 2007.

1. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

So I have a work-up by an endocrinologist. She calls to tell me I have no estrogen whatsoever. What the bleep? Since the ovaries are just fine, she wants me to get a head scan of the pituitary/hypothalamus axis. And also a lung x-ray to rule out sarcoidosis.

My rheumy finds this to be fascinating, and feels that this may be a significant clue as to what's causing all my pain. Pain is really my ONLY symptom, that and loss of menses for 6 months or so.

Anyone else have absolutly NO estrogen? If so, did you ever find out the cause?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!
  2. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I am only 29 and have no estrogen..undetectable. I have had a brain scan and they didnt find anything..Guess it is something with my hypothalamus since doc said my ovaries were okay. It scares me to not have any estrogen this young, but when I try to take it, I get constant migraines...what a mess.
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

My Dr told me the same thing, however this was after I was diagnosed with FM and thyroid issues. I always thought that even in menopause (which I am) that there would be more than none!

I think I'm going to ask my Dr about it next time I'm in. Please update us when you receive more information from your tests.

All the best,

Eileen

4. darude

darude New Member

I have no estrogen whatsoever either and also have a PT!
  5. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

Do you think or know whether the tumor is causing all your symptoms?

I'm going on Monday for an MRI to look for one. Heading out right now for my chest x-ray to look for signs of sarcoidosis....wish me luck!