No Feeling No Energy Any input would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps, Jul 13, 2006.

1. maps

maps New Member

I don't know what has happened to me in the last couple of months. I have cfs and have always searched and tried new things but suddenly I don't care anymore. I rarely go out now, the bills are piling up, no groceries, no housework.

I used to look forward to the calls from my kids but now I am so grateful when they don't call.

Has anyone else gone through this, even if you have not I would love some input on what I can do.

regards
    maps
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

A change in behaviour like this sounds to me like depression. Do you have anyone you can talk to about this? Is there anything that triggered it?
    Sometimes we all go through periods where we are just too tired to care but this sounds different if I'm reading you right. If you feel you can, I would try to talk to your doctor about this.

I hope you feel better
    Kathy.
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am so sorry you are feeling this way.I have been to that point and pass it.You need to talk to your doctor about this and depression.

I am surprised your doctor has not already talk to you about this.He may want to run other test to rule out other health problems.

Stay on this web site and look for things that can help you to feel better,People here are very careing and have gone thu this .So we speak from our hearts we really know how you feel.
    Do something different everyday even if its just opening your shades or blinds in a different room.

Watch a different tv show.Try a different herbal tea.Do things in little amounts .When I first got sick my bills got out of hand I did not pay attention and I did not ask my husband for any help that made it worse.

I was lucky he took over paying them and getting things back in shape.You might start by just weeding out your junk mail.stack your mags and put bills in another pile.
    then as each day goes on you will regain little by little a desire to do alittle more.

Just do a little at a time so you do not get over wheimed with everything.But do something .

Read these post, Help who you can, it will help you.
    Give your self healing time for Mind ,Body and Spirit.But do little things everyday that are special for you.Even if its as simple as haveing herbal tea at 2 in the afternoon and looking out the window.

I have found this illness has made me get to know myself better then I ever did.You need to treat your self with kindness and understanding be your own best friend.

God bless you I pray you will start on your path to getting well.

4. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I agree with the others, you sound very depressed.

My doc's have been changing some of my meds lately, and I have felt the same way you are feeling for the last few weeks.

DUring this time, I didn't even answer the phone; I let the answering machine pick up.

It was a major effort just to move or talk. I didn't go out, I slept off and on all day, didn't want to shower, see anyone, talk to anyone, move ...nothing. I had no emotions, I was flat.

**The worst part was that I didn't care if I stayed that way. I almost wanted to stay that way.**

I saw my counsler on Mon the 10th. She asked me what meds I was on now and told me I was NOT my usual self.
    I knew it, my mom told me too, but I didn't care.

You see, I was on a different muscle relaxer. It did NOT relax my muscles, but I got the negative side effects not realizing it.

Against my judgement at the time (which was poor) I called and left a message for my doctor. They called me back and told me to go off the medicine.

I had just spent $83 for that! Are you kidding me? I was pissed, but I went off it anyway.

I'm still feeling sluggish, but not nearly as bad as I was.
    I actually had a little energy today and accomplished a few things.

Please call your doctor. I know you may not feel like it, but you will be glad you did.

I will keep you in my prayers as well.

Love,
    CockatooMom

5. maps

maps New Member

Thank you Hangingin, CockatooMom, Carebelle & Pianowomen for all your replies they all contain good info.

The funny thing is I don't feel sad just want to hide away. I feel like the nursery rhym something like little lamb has lost it's way.

I am on antidpressants but I don't know if I need to reduce or increase.

Need to find a gp as my blood pressure is high and cholestoral is high. My kind cfs dr did give me something for the blood pressure but it is still high. But I also need to go get a new health card as mine has expired, I need insurance forms filled in and the list goes on and on.

I totally agree if I did at least one thing a day I might feel better.

I am certainly going to try to get something done tommorrow, once again thanks.

Regards
    Maps
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sorry youu are going thru this...you sound so like me..except i have 16 yr. son...that keeps me buying food...lately i haven't felt like cooking at all...so we have been eating out...and i feel guilty about that...more money and not as healthy...

my tomatoes whent bad, spincah went bad...i just thru them out not even eaten....

he will be going to his dad's this weekend...and i already no there is good chance i may not eat mucha at all..

what we both need to do is call our dr.s

and my paperwork is piling up n my room...the bills are paid but i just don't feel and any energy at all to do much else..

hugs

jodie
  7. maps

maps New Member

Do you feel that the energy is the cause or do you feel that it is caused because you can't keep up with everything.

I keep asking myself which of the above maybe causing it.

regards
    maps[This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  8. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

But it's not simple depression. It's part of, or complicated by, fm/cfs -- and is not easy to treat because it seems to fluctuate, possibly because other symptoms such as fatigue or whatever are changing in the background.

I went through years of being diagnosed with depression when I was so exhausted I could barely put one foot in front of the other. I kept telling every doctor there was something else going on to no avail. They basically wouldn't listen to me.

I have been helped, to some extent, by a couple of antidepressants, but the effects were never lasting. Just as many symptoms of fm/cfs vary, change, come and go out of the blue, so does this overwhelming inertia which so many doctors diagnose as simple depression. It is totally frustrating and challenging. Things like a good diet, short term antidepressants, keeping your life as simple as possible help. Just as pain can be more or less intense at times, so can this horrible feeling of nothingness. I too never felt sad with this, but very immobilized, emotionally vacated.

Lots of empathy here.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  9. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

I agree with most of the ideas that people have written you. Do at least one thing every day. Today call your doctor and get an appointment. Have them do more extensive bloodwork to see if it is more than depression. Heck, sometimes things disapear as soon as you get the appointment, right? So make the appointment and make sure you are eating well. Your B-12 could be low. There are drugs to help with cholestoral and diet. Take good care of yourself and post often.
    Hugs!
    H
  10. TheOtherGracie

TheOtherGracie New Member

I went through this and a year later I realized I had thyroid problems. Starting taking thyroid pepped me up again. I also found I did not have FM and my disease was treatable. Unfortunately I had to diagnose myself cause the docs know little about it..after 46 years with Fibromyalgia and CF.

Click on my name and then select the posting all in caps if you want to know more. Any of you are likely to have this too.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

It sounds to me also like depression. It's not surprising when you think about it; our lives have been stood on their heads. We bury a whole lot of anger and depression is anger turned inward.

Please look into counseling. You don't have to feel this way.

Hugs,
    Marta

[ advertisement ]