No FFC Clinic in State. How Do You Like Cleveland FFC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Sep 10, 2005.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi all!

I would appreciate any responses from those who have been to the Cleveland FFC. Do you like the doctors/staff? Has it helped you?

It is a good three hour drive from Fort Wayne. I think it might be worth that! Do they take insurance, or even more importantly, does your insurance pay out to them?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 09/10/2005]
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

They have been really pleased ! There have been many positive remarks made about the Cleveland FFC that I have seen. I think the doc there has a good deal of experience with CFS/FM patients and sounds savvy - more than some of the other FFC clinics .
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I appreciate the reply! I knew someone had been to the Cleveland one, just could not remember who!! Like that is not part of daily living! LOL

Have a good day~

Kim
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Came from out of state (Wisconsin). I just received my test results and have a phone follow up tuesday. I felt my first appointment was very good. It seemed more hopeful than any other appointment I've had so far. I'm holding on to that.
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thanks for telling me you visited the Cleveland FFC.

How many days do you need to stay in Cleveland, or is it a one day deal?

Any and all info is so appreciated!

Let me know what you find out, and how you feel, pretty please?

Have a good weekend!

Kim
  6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Kim,
    I live in Washington state and went to the FFC in Cleveland, my hometown. The doctors and staff are caring and educated about our illnesses.

I have gone there in person for two visits, and IV therapy. I have had two visits by phone consult. And, whenever I'm having a problem or have a question, I call, and they help!

I have never had such thorough, comprehensive testing done. I think that is such an important part of getting well...identifying what's wrong!!

The doctor's office does not take insurance, but they will provide you with whatever papers you need to file on your own. I have Medicare, and they do not cover it, but many people here have had some help from their insurance.

The labs are done at a Quest Lab on-site, and they will bill for you. So far, my Medicare has covered the "allowable" amounts, and I have paid nothing for the labs...and they are pricey.

If you do a search here for Cleveland FFC, you will find posts from many of us who have gone, talking about the Center, the treatment, our progress, etc.

Best wishes,
    Hopeful4
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for replying!

I did go back and search for the Cleveland FFC and found out much more. It seems as if there were many more positives than negatives!

How encouraging to hear you are happy! I am giving this serious thought.

Hugs,

Kim