No Fish Burps!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Sep 21, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Not too long ago, a post asked about fish oil pills that didn't cause fish burps...boy, I stopped quickly when those hit.

One suggestion was Neptune Krill Oil capsules, so I ordered them through Pro Health.

It's true! You don't burp fish. Wonderful. I need to take them for cholesterol...I will not take statins (??) (sp?)...and I first tried my husband's cod liver oil pills...UGH! NOw, I love these because these don't cause that.

But, get them down fast, and open/close the bottle fast because they smell and there is a taste of fish before you swallow. But, it's very fast and all is well.

Just wanted to give a thumb's up for this product.

Hugs,
    Sue
  2. jana15

jana15 New Member

I had that problem too. I'll switch over!

Cheers Jana
  3. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

My son has ADD and takes fish oil, his therapist told us to put them in the freezer. It works, it doesn't come back up. No complaints from my 14 yr old - and we know how much they like to complain!

HTH, Lisa
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Nordic Naturals makes a Strawberry flavored one my Dr recommended. I had to get over it when a fish oil capsule busted open in my moputh! Yuck!!!! I switched to the strawberry with no problem! Lynn
  5. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Sue,

The FFC recommended some called Orthomega. They are burpless and they are guaranteed mercury free. I learned yesterday that the less expensive ones may contain mercury. I guess the process to remove it is pretty labor intensive. No burps either!

Francie
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but these were costly compared to the ones my husband takes...a lot more money. So, hopefully, they are, also free of mercury.

About one breaking in your mouth, STRAWBERRY....GAG! I have to take mine yet today, and I'm a bit scared, now. I may be looking into strawberry flavored ones, too! (-:

Sue