No herx = no lyme?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by LISALOO, Mar 24, 2009.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I was on antibiotics for three weeks before I had to quit due to a yeast infection that woudln't go away even though I was on anti-fungals and an anti-candida diet.

I had no herx, no difference of feeling. I feel like if I had lyme I should have some herx.

My igenex results 2 years ago:
    IGM
    34 IND
    39 ++
    41 IND
    66 +

IGG
    41 IND
    58 ++

If it's not Lyme I'm screwed. I don't want just CFS as I've been getting worse for 5 years and haven't gotten better. Nothing even helps 5%. I just can't continue if it's not Lyme.
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Lisaloo,

I definitely don't believe that no herxing = no lyme. Everyone reacts differently to lyme treatment and antibiotics. Some herx, some actually start feeling better and others feel nothing until months or years later when they finally start feeling better. It just depends on you. I have heard all sorts of different stories.

I also think it depends on the antibiotic too. Some people herx on some antibiotics but feel nothing on others. So I think there are different factors involved...it depends on you and it also depends on the antibiotic.

I would definitely go see that LLMD that you have an appointment with. Just because you didn't feel anything with those 3 weeks of abx doesn't mean that you don't have Lyme. Give it a shot with the LLMD. You don't have anything to lose at this point and if he/she can help you that would be fantastic.

Take Care,
    Pam