no insurance need doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by helpme_doc, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. helpme_doc

    helpme_doc New Member

    Does anyone know what to do if you have no insurance or $ and need to see a doc. My disabilty is in apeal. I live in Kentucky and am deserate.
  2. wickett

    wickett New Member

    Maybe you could go to a emergency room w/your pain. Here they cannot turn anyone away. Someone there may be able to come up w/a plan. Otherwise a health department. Sorry your are having so much trouble.
    Love Wickett
  3. Bailey-smom

    Bailey-smom New Member

    would be to call your county health nurse. If nothing else she would be able to give you assistance or tell you where to go for help. Do you qualify for SSI? It is not the same as SSDI.

  4. moxiepup

    moxiepup New Member

    A hosp. that gets any kind of Federal or State $ can not turn you son went between jobs they had him fill out this application about his finances and stuff and said you will be getting a letter in the mail.

    I couldn't believe it it was good for a yr, but they expect you to tell them when and if you get a job or ins. I think it's called the Burton Hill Act, don't ask me how I remembered that, but private Drs. do not fall under this act just the hosp., so take yourself to the ER and see what they have to offer.

    They might know also where this is a free clinic somewhere or other available services for you.

    good luck, and feel better

  5. cjcookie

    cjcookie New Member

    would qualify for medicaid. Have you tried?
  6. mollyq

    mollyq New Member

    You have gotten excellent advice. Your local hospital probably has free care available under the Hill-Burton Act. Call them to find out, make an appointment to apply and ask them what paperwork you need to bring in so you'll have everything you need. Medicaid may be a possibility; each state has different eligibility requirements and I don't know about Kentucky. The financial office at your local hospital may be able to help with that, too.

    Good luck,