No Klonopin While In Hospital

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Feb 17, 2007.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello again to all and hoping all are well (as ban be).

I just wanted to let you know that on my 'visit' to the hospital for two-three days the staff did not give me Klonopin.

The house doctor ordered Vicoprofen and Ativan instead.

I do not know whether it worked or not, because i was sleeping most of the time, but when I was lucid enough I saw my blood pressure go up.

They took it four times a day. And it kept rising highter and highter each time. They even gave me sleeping pills, but every day with the Klonpin the pressure kept creeping up.

I am used to it every day and they really should have looked over my med list. It is not something you just stop, especially at 3mg. a day.

My GP came in and said 'I am not going to put you through this. He got rid of the IV and believe it or not: we hugged each other.

I felt like a prisoner let free.

This is just my experience and maybe would not be for others, but I felt so relieved when he should up. And he is not the one who prescribes my Klonopin.

I was suprised by one thing and it may not apply to all.
    But when a doctor reads the hospital chart and sees certain things that are 'vital', like HP without the Klonopin, they take some action.

I just could not believe him. We gave each other two big hugs and I wanted to cry.

Wow, the value of having a GP who actually reads the chart and notes, etc.

Just passing this on to reinforce all (including myself) that GPs do more than we may think.

nyrofan