No Longer Working!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rbtheidmanhabs, Dec 7, 2002.

1. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

I myself havn't worked since 1995.I had to stop work because of a serious back problem.I've had 3 back surgeries and now they cannot do anymore for me.All my life the doctors figured i've had no immune system.In June 2001 I started taking infusions to build up my immune system.I half to take those every 4 weeks for the rest of my life.In May of 2002 they diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and helicobacter pyloria.I take meds for that also for the rest of my life.I also half to take 2 different antibiotics on alternate weeks for the rest of my life.If I get pneumonia one more time they told me I would half a very short life.I cannot do very much at all I get so tired I just want to rest.So you see I wouldn't be able to work even if I wanted to.You see I had pneumonia 9 times in 2001 and yes I have doctors proof if anyone doesn't believe me.I try to things around the house and I even have a hard time doing that.Well I'm kinda tired now had to go out xmas shopping today.Going to have a little snooze.

Bob
  2. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

I myself havn't worked since 1995.I had to stop work because of a serious back problem.I've had 3 back surgeries and now they cannot do anymore for me.All my life the doctors figured i've had no immune system.In June 2001 I started taking infusions to build up my immune system.I half to take those every 4 weeks for the rest of my life.In May of 2002 they diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and helicobacter pyloria.I take meds for that also for the rest of my life.I also half to take 2 different antibiotics on alternate weeks for the rest of my life.If I get pneumonia one more time they told me I would half a very short life.I cannot do very much at all I get so tired I just want to rest.So you see I wouldn't be able to work even if I wanted to.You see I had pneumonia 9 times in 2001 and yes I have doctors proof if anyone doesn't believe me.I try to things around the house and I even have a hard time doing that.Well I'm kinda tired now had to go out xmas shopping today.Going to have a little snooze.

Bob
  3. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Bob~~I was wondering what type of arthritis you have, and what specificially do you do for it. I have osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and back of my neck/shoulder area and have advanced degenerative disc disease with other back problems. How do you get relief?

I live in Montana in a valley surrounded by mountains, and it gets quite cold and very windy here. I wake up every morning so stiff and achy that I can barely move. My hands and feet are swollen and inflexible for around 2 hours, and I work. I took naproxen, but it ate my stomach up; took vioxx and got breakthrough bleeding, have been taking celebrex which does nothing. I have some narcotic meds which help with the pain, but not the stiffness and swelling. Any suggestions for me? Thanks for any help. Carol...
  4. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

Hi, I have massive osteoarthrits in fingers,neck,hips and just been diagnosed with spinal stenosis. I am going to have injections to relieve some of compression in my back and to help with the pain. Since I've been diagnosed I've tried to learn about back pain and have heard about a procedure called medipak, I think. Jerry Lewis had this done and said he had pain for 16 yrs and is now pain free. I bet it cost a mint though. I have to do what my hmo says and so far they have let me go 6 months with terrible pain,trying different low cost things and just wasted my time and their money. To the person who posted here from Montana. I know its cold there but I think Montana is a beautiful state. Terri