No luck with female doctors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scarletstang, Nov 11, 2008.

1. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

I lost my male family dr this past summer and I saw another one for a short amount of time who also left. He recommended that I see the new female in the practice. I've had the same regimen of meds for many years. Like many, it's function a little or none at all. Didn't she tell me right off that she would not provide me with one of the medications that I have been on for years!! Something in the back of my mind told me this would happen. What is wrong with these insecure female doctors? Anyone else had this experience? I am so extremely frustrated and infuriated. And switching practices won't work because I've had to apply for SSDI.
  2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Sorry you are having problems with your new Dr. But just so you know, my experience has been with the male Dr.'s and it is no different.
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

If you don't mind me asking, what medication was it? What did you say when she said that to you?
    Did she offer any other options?

How would you like to go to a pain clinic and have the Dr. (who has Fibro) tell you right off the bat - "well I can tell you right now I'm not prescribing pain medication". Thankfully I was already on it - so she said she wouldn't take me off it - "she'd let me do that'.

I think I wouldve said something to her like - "why don't you agree with what the other doctors IN THIS PRACTICE believed was a good treatment plan for me?" or something like that.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I never go to the female doctors in my practice.

I find them unhelpful and judgemental and if they have to sign my repeat prescription they dont give me the same amount of painkillers as my doctor does.

Try to get a male if you can.

5. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

I actually go to a practice that has 2 women doctors and one is so heartless and cold while the other one is just so sensitive and really a great doctor. Me, my husband, MIL and 2 SIL all go there and none of us will see the other doctor. She spends so much time with you and really listens and is just so compassionate. The other..... well she's just heartless that's the only way I can describe her
  6. stschn

stschn New Member

I have a wonderfu Doctor and I call her Doctor Mary. People are people I've had Doctors of both genders that I didn't like so I moved on.
  7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I have a woman rheumatologist and she is absolutely wonderful. She will try anything for me to help me. All I have to do is ask and she gives it to me. She has really helped me tremendously.

I guess it just depends on the person man or woman.

Good luck
  8. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

Jana - I take 600 Motrin with 5mg Percocet, and of course, it was the Percocet. She actually gave me 1 prescription, but said she would not give me another one. She did not suggest anything else? How about looking at my file and seeing how long I've been on the meds I take? I take Lyrica and Ambien also. I'm going back to the male dr. in the practice. I'm so done with the nonsense.