No medical problems-besides FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aaron19, Aug 23, 2003.

1. aaron19

aaron19 New Member

Hi all, I'm younger than a lot of people with Fibromyalgia it seems.. 18 to be exact. I have no other illnesses besides this Fibro/CFS. I really think it was caused by being forced to take the Hepatitis B vaccine when I was 15.

Anyone else here like this???

2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Hi. We have quite a few people here who are "young". I'm sure they'll respond to you pretty soon. You came to the right place. There is a lot of good information here and people are very helpful. I don't know anything about the Hepatitis B vaccine, but perhaps someone else can help you with that. Anyway, it's good to meet you and stick around - you'll learn a lot here!!!!

Annette2
  3. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

Sorry, that makes me laugh :)

My Fibro causes so many different and varying symptoms it's hard to view it as "just one" problem some days.

Ah, youth!
  4. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

I don't know if you remember but we talked one night in the chat room. We both started with pain in our arms. I haven't been back to the chat room but I was wondering how you were doing. Please keep us posted on how you are doing!
  5. aaron19

aaron19 New Member

What I meant is that I find most of the people that are older than me and have Fibro also have some other chronic illness like Lupus, Lyme, OA, CMV, or something. I've tested negative to all those and I'm in as much pain as anyone else with Fibro, believe me. And as far as other symptoms besides pain and fatigue - I have so many ever since this started I can't remember them all without getting out my symptom sheet lol.

----Aaron-----
  6. pixipip

pixipip New Member

I am 35 now but have had fms all my life though only dx about 2yrs ago, me, family and doc's all been racking brains to try and find the cause but I had so very many childhood illnesses and also long term childhood abuse so doc's said it could have been any or all, my Mum kept saying she didn't understand it and how could it have been illnesses or abuse when I had sleep problems from birth and and always seemed to be in pain even from birth too, it surely is a puzzle, then a little while ago my Mum said that I had been given a TB vaccine just after birth cos was a lot of TB in my family and doc's wouldn't allow me home if she didn't agree to it, now I'm conviced it's that but had never made the connection before.
    Welcome and I'm sure you'll make lot's of friends here, everyone here is so friendly and generous with their time, knowledge and affection.
    Love & Light,
    Jacqui.