No meds before Iwas sick, now Im a walking pharmacy...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by iggyangel, Aug 13, 2006.

1. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

I never took a tylenol, was into all natural stuff, never drank, etc...
    sometimes it really depresses me that I have become a walking pharmacy... Did you ever feel that "this is not what I signed up for in life!!!"
    anti-convulsants, abx/antivirals, SSRI's, vicoden, b12 injections, vitamins up the wazoooo...special therapies, etc................................................
    I know many blessings have come out of my illnesses,,,, and so on...
    but I feel embarassed..
    I dont even tell my family or friends what I have to take, cuz they would think I was the biggest druggie..
    feedback.
    how do you feel about this w/yourself if it applies?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2006]
  2. caperkat

caperkat New Member

yes I feel like a walking pharmacy... Cymbalta, tylenol, tramadol, Lamictal, Abilify, Lyrica (I heard good things on this board once), Ambien CR, hydrocodone (occasionally), naproxen. I think that's it.

I'll take whatever it takes to feel better. If I see other tips and hints on here, I'll definitely have to look into it.

kat
  3. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

my doctor playing GOd and just cutting me off of meds..
    Klonopin and vicoden cannot be just stopped.
    that dependency scares me, cuz I dont trust doctors, cuz I have been cut off before in the past, with the excuse,
    "Pills are not the answer"
    Alrighty,,,,
    what is,
    and Ill do it?
    no answer.........
    Ive done every therapy still walk and force myself thru life, and I am even starting RN school full time in two weeks, I fight it..
    Love,
    Iggy
  4. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

It helps me to keep a sense of humor about it.
    And I am so grateful for certain meds - antidepressants (I had major depression way before CFS) Just think what a mess I would be without that help. Many people in the world are not so blessed.

What is a challenge for me is remembering if I took them. I use a pill counter but Doc just added three new meds. I guess it's time for a bigger pill counter.

Blessings to all Sally
  5. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

Just to function and feel normal...
    I cannot do w/out them...
    that for me is a scary feeling...
    I would be bedridden if it werent for these...
    oh and another I take it ritalin only when I cant stand it.

Sally.
    I know how you feel,
    I forget what I take sometimes too, cuz I will put a dose in my purse and then when I get home I forget if I took it!!!!
    Oh well.
    thanks,
    Iggy
  6. marilynb

marilynb New Member

I feel the same way. Currently I take, Cymbalta, Norco, Robaxin, Triestrogen, Aciphex, Xanax, Vitamin-D, Miacalcin nose spray, & viactiv chews.

It really is hard. I sure wish I could get off some of these. The other bad thing is, I go to 5 different Drs for these meds. That brings up a whole other issue..... SHEEEEEESSSSSSSS

Marilyn
  7. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Yes, I feel like this. I probably take at least 40 pills a day - including medications and vitamins etc

In fact, I had to write a schedule because I was finding it hard to keep track of them all - I was taking something almost every hour that I was awake!

When I go to stay at my boyfriends for the weekend, I have a gym bag packed full of bottles of pills.. and yes, I am embarrased when people comment... I know they think I'm a hypochondriac, but I'm just so desperate to get better that I am trying everything I can afford.

Take care
    Michelle
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i take vavactil, tried welbutrin again...increases my anxiety and i can not fall aslepp...i'm still up and it is 4 am....not good...

klonopin i need....and sudinlac for the arthritis and tendonitis and bursistis...folic acid for my platelets..no spleen...
    maxide...for edema...

that is about it for scripts...then i have my vitamins etc...i try to take them everyday....