No more Insurance....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LouiseO, Jun 28, 2003.

1. LouiseO

LouiseO New Member

Lost insurance for good. I could get the cobra insurance but it's $350.00 a month. I can't afford that right now. So no OxyContin for a while got off of it okay and glad to say so. Now just on Ultram which my doctor gave me a lot of samples. But now I not sure if I can go back to the same doctor. I can't afford him with out insurance. Ultram not working so well.
    So I guess I have to go and apply for Medicaid for the first time in my life. I go monday. So please wish me luck.Maybe I can find a good doctor that takes it. I hope.

Luv Ya, Louise xoxoxoxo

(((((((((((((((( Hugs ))))))))))))))))) to all !!!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 06/29/2003]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My insurance is $545 a month and will go up to about $750 in another year. I desperately need to find a job with benefits.

Have you looked into Care Entree? It's sold through the internet and is an MLM, but it has gotten pretty good reviews. It's not insurance. You pay the doc what he would get from a co-pay and average HMO/PPO reimbursement and there is no insurance involved. My doc is on it and I am considering it.

Where it might get expensive is if you had a catastropic illness requiring a long hospitalization. The hospital part works just like the doctor part. When I had a surgery that cost $10,000, the insurance reimbursed the hospital $1,900. That, plus the $100 co-pay is what it would have cost me with Care Entree.

I am not advocating for Care Entree and have nothing to do with them, but for less than $70 a month for the whole family, it's probably better than nothing at all.

Love, Mikie
  3. lea

lea Member

You may want to try needymeds (edited to remove URL). They will send the rx to your doctors office at no charge to you.
    best,
    lea

4. echostorm2003

echostorm2003 New Member

HI LOUISE, I KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH.I CHECKED YOUR PROFILE AND SAW THAT I'M ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF CHARLOTTE,NEAR LINCOLNTON. WHEN MY HUSBAND LOST HIS JOB IN NOV. WE RAN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM. WHEN I APPLIED FOR MEDICAID I WAS TOLD I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF DOCTOR BILLS BEFORE I QUALIFIED. DON'T LET THEM SCARE YOU, IT'S REALLY NOT THAT MUCH, BUT THEY DO TRY TO DISCOURAGE YOU. DON'T LET THEM. IT DOESN'T HURT TO TRY. GOOD LUCK
  5. smiley2

smiley2 New Member

my husband and i also have no insurance...too expensive..but he was able to fill out an aplication at the dr.s office for free presciptions, that are taken regularly, because he is disabled he qulifies,also before he qualified for that the dr. was very good about giving him all the samples he needed.good luck and keep smiling...