NO MORE MIGRAINES for the migraine queen!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Nov 1, 2008.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

For those of you who have known me here for the years I have been know how I have suffered from migraines terribly....
    I will go as far as to say that they have taken away some of the best "YEARS" yes years of my life!

I had them for about 20 years plus...and most of the time they would put me in bed for 1 to 5 days sometimes as long as ten days!

I tried EVERYTHING that man has offered to try to control my migraines! and I mean everything!

My Mom through the years kept telling me "I think when your done with menopause you will stop having them"....and I wanted to believe her but at the same time I was afraid she was wrong!

Well....I have been post menopausal for over a year now.....and this past June I had one of the worst migraines in the was so bad that I was admitted to the hospital and the pain shots they were giving me were some of the strongest pain meds one can get and they were not touching my migraine pain!

I was at my wits end...and to top it off the dr at the hospital told me I had to stop taking my zomig which was my only salvation from some of my migraines since it is a migraine medication and most of the time worked to help me substantially.......

my heart has problems now because of the years of taking I knew I had to listen but I was so scared because I did not think I could live through these headaches without SOMETHING !

BUT how ironic...that....that migraine one of the worst in my life...would turn out to be my very LAST one!??????

"YES" it is true! I have not had a migraine since that day in June so 5 months now!

I attribute it to "like my mom said" post menopause!

Honestly I really don't care why Iam so happy and grateful that I got my life back ( well to a certain point anyway )

My headaches have completly gone away "nada zip zulch gone" teehee!

I have posted here so many times when I felt like I could not take it anymore and SO MANY of you helped me through....

really if it were not for you all I would have lost it for I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being for me through all of those nasty nasty headaches that took away so much of my life!

and I hope by posting this it gives some of you who suffer..from hormonally triggered migraines,..." hope" !

If mine stopped when my hormones leveled down then it is possible than some of yours will too!

Iam just so happy that I can come here to tell you all that Iam better in that way and that my headaches are better now...and a BIG FAT TY for always carrying me when I could not carry myself...

Migraines are brutal and have no for those that are still having them...I hope this gives you some hope....and please know you can count on me to help carry you through..and support you!

TY again........Love
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Doxy!
    Well, getting older should have some kind of benefits, huh! Hopw it's not the only one.

Take care,
  3. cordy250

cordy250 Member

but I noticed no difference even many years post hysterectomy.

Imitrex is the only thing that saves me.

I'm glad you found some relief:)