No More Spleen!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gettingby, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Gettingby

Gettingby New Member

Hi all. I use to post quite a bit under the name of "coping", but after being off-line for a while my name disappeared and I think someone else has it now. I've been a member of the board for over 2 yrs. (I have CFS, Fibro, DD, OA)

I just wanted to stop in and tell a story. On Sept. 6, I became very sick with the stomach flu. Vomiting and nausea diahrea the whole works. It was horrendouds. I got very little rest for 3 days. On the 3rd day my husband took me to the emergency room where they ran many tests, to find out that I was bleeding internally. My spleen had a subcutaneous infection and had ruptured. (A rare thing to have) I was in the hospital for a week and am doing much better. (I also had a near death exp., but that's another story) When I got home and felt like getting on-line I found an article about Chinese medicine (I like to read what they have to say. My sister has her PHD in nursing and goes to an homeopathic Doctor.) Anyway, the Chinese believe that the spleen as more of an active role in the body than what Western Medicine believes. The Chinese believe an unhealthy spleen can cause Chronic Fatique, Crohn's disease, irritable bowel, Anxiety, Muscle spasm, stiffness and pain. I plan on taking this article to my Fibro doctor. Now my only question is: Is NO Spleen better than an unhealthy spleen??? LOL.....I'm thinking I am going to get much better. I already take MUCH LESS pain medication than I did before and I'm still recovering from major surgery.

I hope this message helps someone.
    Take care,
    Tricia

[ advertisement ]