no more "twitchies"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gymmbabe, Aug 12, 2006.

1. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I finally went to the doctor for the muscle twitches. It was driving me insane. He prescribed Requip for me. I have taken it for 2 nights and it really works!! I was really surprised.

We all know how many 'failed' meds we have tried and they failed us. It's nice to know that something really works!!

I have to go back in two weeks for a follow-up.

Hope you all have a great and painfree weekend!

Dawn
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

That's good news, how nice to find a helpful doctor. What is Requip & what does it do please?
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

hear some good news.
  4. jinlee

jinlee Member

Glad things are going better for you. Everytime I skimmed over the postings I misread yours as "no more twinkies." Then of course I saw I had misread it but could not stop thinking about those creamy filled, chemical goodies!

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

RLS- restless leg syndrome. I have it too, but take Mirapex. If it should not do the job as well as it does, I would look into Requip. So glad you found something to help! Terri
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Good for you!!! Hooray! I understand what you mean about med failing us too many times.

I started taking Klonopin to help me with the twitchies and sleep, but it doesn't seem to be working as well as I expected.

I have to take 2 xanax with the 2 mg of Klonopin to get to sleep. I'm not liking that much.

But, I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
    Keep us posted!

7. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I can't believe how great I feel. It's truly amazing. I am actually sleeping better, the pain is almost non-existent and my energy level is up.

The only thing I can think of is the muscle spasms and twitches were causing more problems than I thought. They never hurt, they were just irritating. The only reason I went to the doc about them was because my "twitchies" were waking up my poor hubby. Now we are both sleeping better.

I am sending gentle hugs to all of you and I hope you can find some relief and rest too.

Thanks to all of you. We are sooo lucky to have one another.

Dawn
  8. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

Has anyone tried Permax
    Doc just put me on it cause its generic therefore much cheaper for me.
    Would love to hear if anyone has tried it
  9. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

what is permax generic for? hope it works . i have requip there is no generic for that yet.
    glenda