NO ONE CAN DO MORE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, Mar 14, 2006.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

HEY! Having a productive day. It's only noon, and already I have:

1) done the dishes
    2) cleaned the microwave
    3) paid a bill.

Were there a lot of dishes?
    Well, No.

Is the microwave now spotless?
    Not exactly.

Did you pay all the bills?
    Well, no.

But I did what I could, and no one can do more than that. Somedays I don't do a thing.

I have given up being a perfectionist and a workaholic. Now I do my best to be satisfied w/ what is rather than w/ what I wish. We all know it ain't easy, but what else is there?
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Rockgor:
    Good job! I barely rousted myself up to take a shower and then get online. Nothing else will get done today. Oh, well.....
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I know just what you mean! Sometimes I can attain that feeling of acceptance and satisfaction.

And then there are days like today, when I don't even have the energy or interest to eat.

But, it's good to be reminded of my better days, when I can focus on all the interesting things around me.

Kudos to you! (But don't forget to eat some kudzu too.)
  4. CarolK

CarolK New Member

MAN DID I EVER NEED TO READ THIS POST TODAY!!

I have been feeling horrible the last two days... and today I felt so bad because I've accomplished so little!

I begin to have a "mini-melt-down" because I wanted someone to tell me it was ok to lay down and rest. I've been running some low-grade fevers lately and it's just added to my overall feeling like ca-ca!

I just needed someone to validate that it was ok to have a day where I accomplished so little. I did get out of bed, make the bed, clean myself up, put on makeup (although I cried it all off), did dishes, washed and folded laundry.... and now I feel terrible. I needed someone to give me permission to take a day off. Guess I need to learn to give myself permission!!

Anyway, thanks for the post... it came at a good time for me!

CarolK
  5. jennyjams

jennyjams New Member

I was at that place a couple of months ago. I felt that I should expect a day in which I couldn't do anything. That way, if I couldn't, that was okay because that was the way it had to be. But if I did anything, even if it was just bathe myself but how much more so if I got dressed or left the house or cleaned something! I've lost that in a huge way lately. Your post was a huge kick up the wazoo that I HAVE LIMITS and I need to repect myself enough to be okay with that. Thanks for the reminder.

Congratulations on doing what you can and being proud of it! I hope I get back there soon.
  6. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I have a similar list of things that were done today.

Bedroom is clean, groceries were gotten, and the rental movies I've had for nearly months now - returned!

Was the room really messy? Yeah..
    Alot of groceries? Not really..
    A long way to go for the movies? Again, not really..

Did everything I wanted to get done today, get done? Yep.

I bugged my boyfriend all day till he did them ;)

~Amanda
  7. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

as a recovering workaholic, perfectionist, I say well done!:)I use to work and clean til I dropped! Can't do it anymore even if I wanted to ( which I still do , I'm recovering not cured:)
    Claudia
  8. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I finished cleaning the family room and loaded the dishwasher. After loading the dishwasher I went to relax in the family room and my 3 year old had the sofa and loveseat cushions layed out on the floor playing kangaroo.
    So, I put the couch cushions on and watched her jump all day on the other ones.

After she wore herself and me out we took a nap. Its 7pm and they are still on the floor but anyway there's always tomorrow. Being a perfectionist was me about 2 years ago. If I didn't give up trying I would be truely insane.
    Angela
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Can I borrow your boyfriend?

Looks like we're all in the same leaky boat. Remember when Lucy and Ida Lupino went for a ride in a leaky boat?

Well, I didn't come here to gloat, (as such)
    'Cause my leaky boat won't float (too much).

But now and then I have to crow
    Even tho the boat is slow.

And sometimes I have to vent
    Or my psyche will get bent.

So let's all pitch in a bail.
    No matter the size of our pail.

Anybody want to set this to music?