NO one cause, NO one cure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Oct 4, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I woke up crying, my hubby says to me, "How long has it been now since you quit the aspartame, 3 weeks?" I say "You don't understand, smarter people than I have been searching & searching for years and they have not found it, what makes you think I will? There is no one cause, there is no one cure, I need to stop searching for that."

"It is not going to go away, this is the way it is"

We can find relief in many ways and we should do this but we are not going to find the one thing.

Has anyone ever?

Has anyone ever gone away from this board because they got over it??

The only people who do get 100% cured are those who are selling MLM products, they were all horribly sick & they are now well. Ha.

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I woke up crying, my hubby says to me, "How long has it been now since you quit the aspartame, 3 weeks?" I say "You don't understand, smarter people than I have been searching & searching for years and they have not found it, what makes you think I will? There is no one cause, there is no one cure, I need to stop searching for that."

"It is not going to go away, this is the way it is"

We can find relief in many ways and we should do this but we are not going to find the one thing.

Has anyone ever?

Has anyone ever gone away from this board because they got over it??

The only people who do get 100% cured are those who are selling MLM products, they were all horribly sick & they are now well. Ha.

Jaci
  3. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I pulled that non stop crying on my husband the other night. He just didn't know what to do. He even offered to move back to CT if that would help. (which I think is a little extreme) Anyway we all feel helpless you are not alone. I think you have contributed alot to this board and I would like to encourage you to keep searching. You never know, you may be the one that comes up with something that might help us all.

My heart goes out to you,

Cindy
  4. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Jaci -- I understand your frustration. My husband a couple of weeks ago told me I should stop seeing doctors and get rid of the medical bills since there is no "cure".

I believe there is not one cure or one cause, but many different ones affecting each of us and causing this whole set of symptoms. There are people who have gotten well, it is just having the strength to keep going until you find YOUR underlying problem. Dr. Teitlebaum (in Allie2's posts) had CF himself.
  5. G

G New Member

I have been there before and still have my days when I don't feel the best. I was at my lowest 3 1/2 years ago and decided to give the guaifenesin protocol and try. It has helped me so much but I also know it's not an cure, only an treatment. I find that it seems to flush out toxins in my body. I have wondered if anyone detoxing has found that it has also helped them?

The one hope that those of us who have FMS is that it go into remission - which means that remission isn't an cure. But if one should go into remission, it is possible that the FMS will come back or never come back. This is our hope in the present day, as there is no cure for they are not really sure of the cause - and before anyone jumps down my throat - there are many theories of what causes FMS but to my knowledge these are still only theories.

There are different ways to help one cope with one's illness and various treatments which all work differently for us. Meaning, sometimes what works for one don't always work for another. This can give us stress and frustration and then we feel awful again. One thing I try to do is think positive and also know I have my times when I don't and have to kick myself in the buttom to remember.

Don't let the illness get to you....

G

6. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

(((((((Jaci))))))),
    What can we say, except we are here for you. I wish I had answers for all of us. Maybe there will be some relief in the future. But right now we have to help support each other if nothing else, just thru our words. Sometimes they can be of little or no comfort, other times it is words that pull us thru the darkest hour. All of our pain is real and we never know when it will strike. I have not been on this board long, but I know your postings have helped me. Most days I feel very bad, but there are a few moments I can grab and experience at least a flash of normality. Who knows, the normal times may start lasting a little longer. Also, if you don't know the cause who is to say that it won't just up and disappear? I mean we all have this same thing, together. We ARE here for a reason. Maybe we have to endure this so that we can help others cope. I am grasping and rambling on in hopes I can come up with something to lift your spirits and inspire you and to let you know to please don't stop searching for a cure. I have faith that if anyone on this discussion board has found an answer they will let us know. I mean look at Mel. He is still here, and ZMA has worked for him along with a change of lifestyle (eating well and exercise). He has found something that has helped him and even though many has tried the same and it has not worked for them, he is whole-heartedly standing behind his victory. So you keep up the search for that cure for you. Who knows it may be the one for us all!!!!!!!! HUGS:)
  7. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

jaci~
    maybe this will help somehow..I have come from being denial of Social Security in 94 (I think) to actually working one
    full time job and several PT jobs to make ends meet as sole supporter of myself and son. I am been seperated sine 1990 andfinally divorced in 2001 (crazy long time -weird cricumstance I know) but I am actually happy now..I would not be able to do anything witht out proper pain contral That is not any bertter than before, just controlled) I do not date anyone yet and have been thinking alot about how the Fibro is effecting me...How would I ever introducew all of my meds to someone Crazy thought but will I be happier on my own? I know My husband was a case of no help :)
  8. sb439

sb439 New Member

... I know several people who had CFIDS and recovered or at least got back to a point where they can lead a normal, full-time working life and are virtually painfree. Two were finally diagnosed as mercury toxic and had the mercury and all their root-canal teeth removed, and they can even do sports again. One I know had CFS only lightly, and has been fine for over eight years now, just as she says gets the very occasional slight feeling of being ill again.

Then, I imagine, people on this board, when they do recover, may just be so taken up with their new life, that they just don't think about giving us feedback. The board may also remind them of their days of suffering. (This is conjecture only, of course.)

Perhaps we could ask everyone (including ourselves)on the board, that if we happen to recover, to remember and let the rest on the board know a year later, or so, as this would surely be good for our morale?

Susanne
  9. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

FMS will never completely "go away". I have found for me that trying not to dwell on it and do as much as I can helps. I work part-time and have hobbies and friends. When I am in a flare I try to rest and not push myself. I always have pain, every day, but it's always at different levels. I also reached a point where I decided not to constantly read and obsess about different symptoms. I used to think everything that happened to me was FMS-related. Well, that isn't so. I exercise when I can, and try to eat better and take each day at a time. I go for supportive counseling when I'm feeling really bad, and take my meds. I don't feel it pays to look for all these weird things like candida, immune problems, etc. My FMS seems to be basically muscle-based and I try to deal with that. I do have sleep disturbances, IBS, anxiety and depression, but I'm taking care of those things. I have no desire to go on disability and stay home. I do have brain-fog at times, but try to get past it. At work I write things down, focus as much as I can and it seems to be working. I don't ever expect the FMS to go away, and that's just the way it is. Hope this helps.

Annette2

[ advertisement ]