No pain meds / Pain managment frustration :rant:

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Jul 3, 2006.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

:sigh: even after calling in a refill for my pain meds last week (and five days is the maximum i can ever remember to call something in), my dr still hasn't okayed in with the pharmacy (probably the holiday weekend or something) and of course, the pharmacy won't even give me a days worth of it because with this med 'they don't do that'. argh.. tomorrow should be a fun day. I just hope my dr is back in his office by Wenesday.

My mom is worried because I get so worried when I don't have my pain meds. She says i'm on more meds then i used to be and i don't seem to be any better. She's right that i'm not any better, but i honestly don't know if thats the meds or just the FMS slowly progressing downhill. And i tried to explain that none of my meds are for 'curing' anything. They are just supposed to get me through a few hours in the day with a little less pain.

So should i be concerned? do you guys worry and dread the times you don't have adequate pain management?
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    Yes, I do get concerned when I run out of my medications. It is normal. You know you are going to be in more pain without the medication so that makes you anxious, nervous, probably angry too. There is nothing wrong with you wanting some relief to your pain. Some people just don't get it and never will. I know, my mom tells me I am on too much medicine too and I am 43 years old! I think I am old enough to know what I am doing!

I hope and pray you are holding up and feeling good by now. Just try to relax, maybe put a heat pad on your sore muscles. Maybe eat some favorite chocolate and read a favorite magazine.

Sending the gentlest of hugs!!!!!
    Kellyann