No sex drive? Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tlc8858, Aug 7, 2003.

1. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Any of you have no or low sex drive? Has anyone tried Maca?
    Anything else anyone has tried that makes a difference?
    I know part of it is the disease and part of it is the meds, but sure would appreciate some input from any of you.
    thanks
    tlc8858
  2. smoke

smoke New Member

I am a male and I have no sex drive and have not had for 6 months or longer. I am not for sure if it is the Meds or what but it really sucks! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know any and all of them.

Smoke
  3. Allen

Allen Member

Iwish there was some words of wisdom, but yes, the meds, the pain and the entire nightmare of an illness greatly reduces the sex drive.
  4. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

I have had the same problem for 6-8 months. Thank goodness I have a great husband. Tried testosterone and did not like the side effects. Wish there was a pill you could take and make all better. If anyone has any advice I am sure we all would appreciate it.

Lisa K.
  5. rdthewave

rdthewave New Member

At one time my CFS Dr. had put me on DHEA.....small doses. I've never had a stronger sex drive......of course he didn't give it to me for that specific purpose but that was a benefited side effect! I'm not sure about this but I think DHEA may raise testosterone.

Tammy
  6. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Take 25 mg a day of DHEA and one zinc tablet...zinc is also good for inflammation. DHEA levels in FM are SUPER LOW! Thus, it is important to supplement. At 25mg a day, there are virtually no risks. It is a hormone that we lack as we age.

Not that my sex drive was ever super low but DHEA and Zinc
    together definitely make it very strong. I am like I was when I was a teen. One thing that does feel great in my body.
  7. ekobus

ekobus New Member

I find that if I get into the moment with my boyfriend I usually get into it. For me, I guess, I don't have the normal "urge to merge". LOL I know this is due to medication, but as some have said, the pain doesn't help. I really don't have any advice except try to get yourself in the mood. Maybe, if you can depending on the meds, have a glass of wine. Perhaps you can make the atmosphere more energized. For me it seems sex is a whole lot of work sometimes, but most of the time it is worth it.

Good Luck!
  8. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

What is the zinc for in relation to the sex drive? Also, how many mg tabs do you take? I wonder if there's enough in my multivitamin???

I think I'll try the DHEA. Hopefully I won't grow a beard!!!

Thanks, Debbie

OK, so maybe I won't take DHEA... I am going to post a very long article about this supplement. You might want to print it out and read it.[This Message was Edited on 08/08/2003]
  9. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

I too have a low sex drive....I have taken testosterone(sp?) and it didn't really work. I do find that if my husband gets me in the mood it really helps. I just don't "jump" him anymore. He is very patient and does all the work so that my pain is less the next day (instead of feeling like I played twister all night LOL!)

I wish they would find something to counter act the side effects of AD and sex drive!

Rachel
  10. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Thanks to all of you for replying to me. It is great to know that there are some males out there that can relate. I appreciate it.
    tlc8858
  11. reva727

reva727 New Member

I'm probably older than most of you but I haven't had a sex drive in quite a while. I have tried several things but nothing helps. DHEA doesn't help, neither does the testosterone cream. This is causing a big problem in my marriage.
    My husband says zinc helps him quite a bit.
  12. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I APOLOGIZE BEFORE HAND...BUT I WANTED TO INSERT SOME HONEST LEVITY..... I HAVE A NEW DEFINITION FOR THE "BORN LOSER"........ ONE OF THE POTENTIAL "SIDE EFFECTS" FOR MALES USING ZOLOFT IS A "PROLONGED ERECTION"...... A REAL "BUMMER" WHEN YOU LIVE ALONE & ROSEY PALMER & HER 5 SISTERS HAVE THESE DD'S........ TRUE STORY.... TAKE CARE ALL !!!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  13. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

I can relate, I have no sex drive whatsoever... I could use help and info on this topic as well!!! Iggy
  14. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

I was on elavil for 4 1/2 years and had a low sex drive. I have been off of it for about 2 months now and it makes all the difference. I went to the dr. today, he put me on paxil. I don't know what it's going to do. I'm not looking forward to another med that decreases my sex drive. My husband & I are going on our 2nd honeymoon in Sept. for our 17th anniversay. I really want it to be special.
  15. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

I have a healthy sex life I guess you could say. Drive is another issue. My fiance and I have sex often, more than most couples, I'm guessing. I love pleasing him though I'm never pleased myself, by him. I use alone time for that. It's hard to explain. I'll be in the mood and it's so wonderful and amazing and then after a few minutes I'm just bored and do what I can to please him quickly. I love being intimate with him but I can never climax, and I've never been able to with a man. Is there something out there that could help me out in that department? It's just so helpful to find information here instead of searching the internet because this is a place where people have 'been there done that' with so many meds/suppliments/therapies etc etc etc. So if anybody here has any tips I'm open to try just about anything.
  16. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

I have had Fibro for a year and a half...I have always had a high sex drive (I am female)..the medications took all that away. I am med-free now and am sooo glad. I couldn't take all the side effects of those drugs, or the dependency or withdrawl, etc..
    I have studied sexuality for years and am about to get my certificate to be a sexual educator.
    I have tried products that help with the "urgency" feeling for sex. They don't CURE the non-sex drive issue, but they help. The active ingredients in them are menthol (peppermint oil) and especially L-argenine. Menthol produces a cool tingly feeling. L-argenine is an amino acid which promotes blood flow. It's the blood flow that creates erection or that "turned on" feeling.
    I am still studying the effects of medications in regard to this..I'm thinking they might inhibit the blood flow somehow, or block the sensory receptors to the brain. Or they block the Phenylethylamine or Oxytocin hormones. not allowing you to feel turned on.
    Do any of you eat chocolate? Does it make you feel better? It makes me always feel better :)
    Anyway, I sell these products and other sensual products for both men and women. And I'm only telling you this, because I also use them for research. I know what some other medications do to the sex drive and to the body, like anti-histamines and anti-depressants and how some of my products help with self-lubrication and feeling aroused.
    ~Gina in CA