No sleep for the very tired

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dzlady, Jun 24, 2010.

1. dzlady

dzlady New Member

Well, last night was a bad night. Between the pain and upset stomach, I was up until 12:45 this afternoon, unable to fall asleep even with a rozerem and a melatonin. Called the doctor and they took me off the rozerem and prescribed trazadone which I wont be able to pick up until tomorrow or saturday. After falling to sleep at 12:45 this afternoon, I was able to sleep until 7:30 pm, which will make tonights sleep almost impossible.

The rozerem or savella made me sick to my stomach as well. Both cause insomnia and nausea as a side effect, which is what I am trying to

My oldest boy (17) is causing a TON of stress. Long story, but lets just say typical unruly teen with anger issues and very mouthy!

I am hoping for a decent night tonight...if I can get to sleep!

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Good luck. I take Trazodone and have found it very helpful. I have found that 25 mg. which is a very low dose is just as effective as when I was taking 100 mgs., but the same may not be your experience. When I was on the higher dosage, gave me the munchies. I know several other people who have had the same experience, but then this is anecdotal and increased appetite after taking is not one of the listed side effects.

It helps me if I go to bed right after taking it.

Let us know how this works out for you as a lot of people with our DD have sleep issues.

Take care.