NO SOCIAL LIFE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATS2, May 2, 2006.

1. CATS2

CATS2 New Member

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH FIBRO FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. MY LIFE CHANGED DRASTICALLY IN RESPECT TO MY ENERGY LEVEL AND A LOT OF PAIN. SLOWLY I WITHDREW FROM LIFE AND LOST TOUCH WITH MY FRIENDS. I AM TOTALLY ISOLATED FROM PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERY TIME I MAKE NEW FRIENDS THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN'T BE SPONTANEOUS, HOP IN THE CAR AND GO SOMEPLACE, OR STAY UP LATE WATCHING MOVIES. THEY GIVE UP ON ME AND STOP CALLING ME. I WANT FRIENDS BUT CAN'T KEEP UP A FAST PACE ANYMORE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN A LONER AND I WANT FRIENDS. HOW DO YOU HANDLE GETTING ENOUGH REST AND KEEPING UP WITH OTHERS?
    CATS2
  2. Geechie

Geechie New Member

Even my grown kids are that way. They call and once in a while visit (out of town) but there are so many times I have to cancel.

My hubby is about my only friend at this point. We have friends that he works with but that's different.

I sure do know what you mean.
  3. Strawberry94

Strawberry94 New Member

My social life now consists of my husband and my cat. I used to talk on the phone more, but lately it really drains me for some reason.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

w/ some old friends. Other than that my social life is pretty much a few friends/relatives I exchange e mails w/ and this board.