NO Tolerance to drugs!! Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yvette01826, Aug 4, 2003.

1. yvette01826

yvette01826 New Member

I FINALLY GAVE IN AND TRIED A NEW MED(LEXAPRO). I WAS ON IT FOR 4 DAYS AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS AS WITH OTHER SSRIS. INCREASE ANXIETY, TOTALLY SPACY, DIZZY, AND JITTERY. I HAVE THIS RESPONSE TO ALL MEDS. I REALIZE I ONLY GAVE IT 4 DAYS, BUT IVE DONE THIS ENOUGH TIMES TO KNOW IT DOESNT GET MUCH BETTER.

I HAVE AN APPT WITH A MULTIPLE CHEM SENSITIVITY DOC SOON. I HOPE SHE CAN HELP. IM CONSTANTLY EXHAUSTED, IN PAIN, AND ANXIOUS (4 YRS NOW). I HAVE A GREAT PHARMACOLOGIST BUT SHE CANT SEEM TO HELP EITHER. ITS SO FRUSTRATING. I AM TAKING .25 MG OF KOLONOPIN BEFORE BED. (THATS AS MUCH AS I CAN TOLERATE.)

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK WITH CHEM SENSITIVITY DOCS?? OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER "THEORY" BEHIND FMS?

SOMETIMES MY THOUGHTS RACE THREW MY HEAD SO FAST I DONT EVEN REALIZE IM ANXIOUS. (OF COURSE THEY ARE USUALLY NOT GREAT THOUGHTS). MY DOC ASKS ME IF IM DEPRESSED AND I REALLY DONT KNOW. IM UPSET, ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED. BUT I THINK I GET UPSET AND NEGATIVE BECAUSE OF MY SYMPTOMS. I FEEL HELPLESS, NOT HOPELESS. WHO KNOWS!!

ANYONE ELSE WHO CANT TOLERATE DRUGS!!?? OR KNOW WHY?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2003]
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

I had mine tested and treated. Controversial methods were used, energy in acunpuncture meridian when tested against chemical and Miller sub lingual drops. It helped, I still am sensitive but my reactions are less severe and life became much more tolerable.

Candida is frequently present in patients with MCS so go on the diet now, and then try some natural antifugals though you may need to see which you can tolerate. Probiotics are good too.

Good luck. I was allergic to so many chemicals which abound in our environment so other than living in a bubble desensitisation was the only practical way of dealing with them.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2003]
  3. Kim

Kim New Member

I believe it exists. I believe I have it. I wasted tons of money on two doctors (both MD's specializing in MCS). Tried all the conventional treatments plus the "out there" treatments. I am now in debt.

I didn't thing I was depressed but found out that it was a big part of my illness. It manifested in severe anxiety, anger, frustration, and a spacey, dizzy feeling.

Best wishes,

Kim
  4. yvette01826

yvette01826 New Member

KIm.. are u able to take any meds?? do you thing mcs doc.s and there treatments with conventional/and non conv. are a waste of time?