Non reactive cleaning products.....need advice please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annee, Aug 17, 2003.

1. annee

annee New Member

Can anyone give me some advice on cleaning products...that GB (cfids) will not react to.
    Cleaned the oven on the weekend and the product was supposedly non toxic.....but was far from it.
    We use Enjo cloths which are great for our general cleaning...just add water....:)
    But for those hard to clean places....I am at a bit of a loss as to what to use.
    Much appreciate some ideas please.
    Thanks,
    annee
  2. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

The only thing I can find is soda, vinegar and elbow grease!
    The things the fatigued body needs to clean with can tollerate the chemicals or smell...at least thats the way it is for me. Elbow grease is hard on me too...too tired to apply it...

seriously, do try the natural things to clean with.

Love

sumbuni
  3. Notonline

Notonline New Member

I've used baking soda for years, sprinkle it in the bottom, dampen it with a spray bottle and let set overnight or for a few hours and scrub...with a post-it on the oven to remind me that it's in there somedays. LOL

I try to wipe up all spills pretty quick (if I can), to save on scrubbing later.

hubby surprised me with a new oven a few months back...my first self-cleaning oven...not to sure about the self-cleaning feature though. Book cautions against fumes on the first cleaning cycle. Wondering just how bad it could be??? ..it still smells (new, chemical) everytime I use it to bake with.

Took me awhile to figure out just how to use it with all the push buttons it has for the oven...my old one was a vintage 1969...all I had to do was turn a knob : )

4. Myth

Myth New Member

I use stuff I buy from an internat mall called Quixtar. They have this all purpose stuff called LOC that is so gentle that you can use it for bubble bath, but it also a great cleaner- and they sell wet cloths with the same stuff. And they have this disinfectant foam spray which is great for walls, and the foam makes it have no fumes. But I don't know if you want to go to all that sort of trouble to purchase cleaning products. Personally I stay away from bleach and anything with strohnng fumes or scents. For grease I use a mild cleaner and then add dishsoap to break up the grease. Stoves are a bit of a problem- I get my boyfriend to clean the stove because all the stuff you find on the market is way too harsh. We also air out the house and I leave for a few hours while it is being cleaned. I have a reaction to almost everything I buy at stores, ecxept for the brand I buy on the internet. My idea is, just like bath products, you want less perfumes, mild scents, non harsh chemicals-- simple is better.
    Myth