Non-Stop Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jan 31, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

It will not stop. I have done everything to ease the pain but it is all over my body. I have not even been online because it is difficult to move around or sit. I have been bedridden. I want it to stop. In the old days this is where the twelve pack of beer would come in, but I can not do that anymore. I know I am just venting, but I have nobody else to tell this too. I am in tears. It just will not stop.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

This DD is a nightmare sometimes. Are you able to get into a bath with maybe some epsom salts? I find that heat soothes me sometimes when I feel like it's hitting me on all sides.

I wish I had more to offer. Stay strong, but get to a hospital if you feel you need to.

Hugs back,

Eileen
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You are always so kind to me. I am up, cannot sleep at nearly 4.00am after my bad migraine bout. I know, the worse thing is not seeing the end of the pain. Mine did leave at last, but the leg pain immediately kicked right back in, not too bad. It seems that way, the pain will travel from one place to another or sometimes be everywhere at once. The only thing that relaly helps me is the hot bath with Epsom Salts to ease it up a bit. I cannot take too many meds, as I react badly to them, but if I am still awake in 20 mins I will take a 2mg valium. I know, 2mg, less than they give to babies. For some reason, it works better than higher dose. This good doctor I had gave it me for Vertigo, and I discovered then it sent me to sleep if taken at bedtime and eased the pain some. Less is more theory? I used to take amtryptiline and the same thing, 10mg knocked me and the pain out, in fact I may go back on that as I seem to be getting the migraines back and it helped there. Yet, when doc put me on Nortryptiline(that has higher doses) it kept me awake and made me feel worse.
    My FP here says that he beluieves that we all have such different exit pathways in our livers that there is no such thing as "one dose fits all".

I do hope you can get some ease from the pain, if I did not have DH to wake up and get a hug from, I don't think I could cope. It will get better. See how badly I felt yesterday and already I am feeling better.

Much Love, Anne
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

That is the most awful feeling in the world.Pain you just can't run away from.Those are times I wish I had a lap top computer or a tv in my bedroom.I wish I could come sit with you.being alone is the worst for me when I feel that bad.I 'm sure you understand.If it weren't for this board I would be even more lost.
    Just keep talking to us when you feel like it.And maybe call dr. about getting that pain undercontrol.
    Take Care,
    Sheila
  5. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way -- I think most of us have been there at one time or another, and it is awful! I hope the pain has broken by the time you read this!!!
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you to all:
    Boy, did I need that support. I love you all. You can through with love and caring. I can not get that anywhere else.
    The result is: I took a hot bath, listened to music or watched a low volume tv during the day, got to bed early and when I woke up at night, went into the livingroom to sit on a recliner with a heating pad.

It has taken me this long to sit up, feeling as though I could hold my head up on my spine.

You have no idea the inspiration you have given me.

Love and hugs,
    NyroFan