non toxic laundry?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Apr 15, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Just curious, what is your favorite non toxic, non perfumed, non artifically colored, non petroleum based laundry detergent or soap?

Thanks,
    Beth.
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Clear All Liquid either the regular or xtra stength. Either way I have to be careful to use less soap than what the jug says on my clothes.

I can not use any kind of fabric softners
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Gosh, I must seem nosey to you!:)

I'm alone today, hubby is out and I'm lonely so I have been on board more than usual today. I need to stop though, I have WAY over done it.

But to answer your question ,I like I think it's called "Great earth" from the health food store.Next Generation is also good.

Sometimes I can't afford that, I use one from the grocery store that is color, scent,dye free.

I guess it depend's how sensitive you are.

Claudia
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2006]
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

I'm online because it's about all I can manage today. Took me 7 hours in heavy rain and nasty traffic to do what should've been a 4 hour drive yesterday, and it has laid me low today. So, it's good to have company.

I am using All free and clear liquid at the moment, doing well with that, but I am just curious to know what other sensitive people are using. I use white vinegar instead of fabric softener.

Beth.
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I never tried the white vinegar, will have to try it.

typing is hard for me, most of my FM pain is in my neck and shoulder's.

I can't clean, cook,work, or drive anymore because of it.

Today I really over did the computer, but sometimes I get lonely and do what I know i will pay for big time anyway.

I am starting to get a bit dizzy and a headache, so I think I'd better really get off this time.

I enjoyed "talking" to you today though.:)we both seemed to be on a lot today.:)

Best wishes, talk to you soon,

Claudia
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Products or Seventh Generation are great and getting laundry clean and non toxic.

Love Anne C ps My friend uses Oil of Thieves.
  7. libra55

libra55 New Member

Bi-O-Kleen is my favorite. I buy it when I can afford. Has a pleasant orange citrusy scent. Don't even need a fabric softener with it.

Michelle
  8. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I'm a universal chemical reactor, so we buy 'everything' from the health food store.

Been doing this for years, so we have a safe space to live in. (at least as safe as possible on this polluted planet).

LIGHT********carole
  9. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Beth,
    I use Bi-o-Kleen also. It's wonderful! it even cleans my hubby's dirty work cloths. I've cleaned my carpets with it too.

K.
  10. starmom

starmom New Member

I started making my own laundry soap a few months ago. Ran out of soap, started searching the net, and BOY am I happy with my results!!

I use 2 cups of washing soda (NOT baking soda - in the cleaner aisle of IGA type groceries)
    2 cups borax (laundry aisle)
    one bar finely ground soap (about 3-4 oz)

I stir these up and use 2 Tablespoons for a LARGE load.

I use my homemade soap (I like making it and it doesn't hurt my skin) but have also used other soaps that don't irritate our skin.

I grate the soap in my food processor and then grind it with the steel blade. If you don't have a food processor you can just grate it or use a blender.

After the soap is fine, just stir it with the soda and borax.

IF you find the washing soda is hard on your skin, you can use baking soda - it is NOT as effective on stains, but works. You havwe to use 1/4 cup.

I get 3 batches from one $2.60 box of washing soda.

Washing soda is also good at other types of cleaning. It is an Arm & Hammer product at my IGA. You can get it on amazon.com

This is SOOOOO much cheaper, gentler on our clothes, and easy on our skin!!

Susie
  11. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

"Arm & Hammer" for sensitive skin. It cleans the best and doesn't bother me at all.
    Hugs Shirley
  12. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

Sun Detergent with no scent. It is inexpensive and works well.

[ advertisement ]