Nonie has had a stroke

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AzRookie, Aug 21, 2002.

1. AzRookie

AzRookie New Member

she asked for a post to be made here so that those who care about her and love her could know and keep her in their prayers.
    As for those of you who seem to have taken such great offence to her as of late, well, perhaps you are happy now at the great effect your disdain has had on her.
    ~~R
  2. AzRookie

AzRookie New Member

she asked for a post to be made here so that those who care about her and love her could know and keep her in their prayers.
    As for those of you who seem to have taken such great offence to her as of late, well, perhaps you are happy now at the great effect your disdain has had on her.
    ~~R
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I would really like the hospital name and address so that something can be sent to her!!! Does anyone have this info?

ssMarilyn
  4. honey

honey New Member

wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Get well real soon

With much love and warmth
    Lyn
  5. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I thought Nonie was feeling better these days--I'm so sorry to hear this news. My prayers are with her.
    Tania
  6. vonda

vonda New Member

I hope you get better soon, take care

vonda
  7. nell-UK

nell-UK New Member

Thinking of you and hoping and praying that you are ok

Love Nell
  8. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

So sorry to hear of her stroke. Wishing her a speedy recovery. Hope she gets this message.
  9. granmama

granmama New Member

My hope is that you will recover completely from this mini stoke and my prayer for you is that this will never happen again.

May God's love surround you and your loved ones and you feel his healing.

Take good care of you,
    granmama
  10. Lisa K

Lisa K New Member

I was a regular contributor here for many, many months and had to make a very tough decision to stop posting here in June when it became apparent that things here were no longer the same.

I sincerely hope and pray this post will not be deleted because if there is any hope I will ever become a regular poster here, rather than a lurker as I have been over the last couple of months, I do feel I should be given the courtesy of expressing my opinion in a respectful manner without fear of censorship or banning.

Many of the offensive posts that were so upsetting to Nonie the other day have now been removed. Because Nonie spoke her mind and tried to defend friends who had been banned without warning (yes, I do know this for a fact, and they had done nothing that violated any of the rules written ANYWHERE), Nonie was banned, as well. I am not going to assume that this is what caused Nonie's TIAs, but I will say that after knowing Nonie for a while, I can only venture to guess that it took a great deal of courage for her to speak up about such a controversial subject. You see, Nonie is a peace-loving woman, not a rabble rouser or troublemaker.

Nonie never says a bad word about anyone. She was devastated when her opinions and concerns were zapped into oblivion, and then she was no long allowed to post here. She never received a warning that anyone thought she was out of line, she was just banned. What a glowing tribute to a woman who, even when she was very ill, continued to recognize people's birthdays so they would feel special. Nonie was one of the original people to join this board.

It is truly a terrible turn of events that have transpired. Many of you do not not know how much loss and pain Nonie has suffered already, and continues to suffer because she never complains.

I wish her only the best in overcoming this latest, devastating thing in her life.

I am very sad today.

lk
  11. BonnieQ

BonnieQ Member

I see this is one of two posts for Nonie about her stroke. But the more that see this the better. Everything you said is true Lisa . Nonie is such a sweetheart , please can't we all be nice and get along. This fighting is nonsense and such a waste of time. Come on folks, I know more of you must still be around that know how dear Nonie is. I for one am praying for a speedy recovery for Nonie! I love you Nonie!
    a large Basket of hugs sent to you!
    BonnieQ
  12. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I haven't been coming here all that long, but I do know of some of Nonie's posts..
    I want to wish her a speedy recovery and hope that we will see her real soon...
    God Bless............
  13. Renee T

Renee T New Member

Considering her many physical problems I can understand a Mini-Stroke. But to have HER banned? WHAT on earth is this Board coming to ? I have been coming here for two years, have met and spent time with Nonie personally - and cannot imagine for ONE MOMENT anything that she could say that would be so out of line that she would need to be banned - especially without warning. I have been in a lot of pain, and unable to do anything other than concentrate on keeping my body a little bit active , so that I don't lose my muscle tone compeletely, so I haven't been able to get on the computer much, but whatever happened, I must have missed it.

Whoever banned her needs to explain what she did that was serious enough for her to be banned. That way others can be wary of committing the same offense.

Renee T
  14. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Nonie I am so sorry something so inane had to happen to you or anyother one on here for that matter. My head has been in the stand of late but my commitment to this forum has not. I will pray for you and for for whoever it was that took the power upon theirself to "ban" you from the kingdom! CactusLil'
  15. Renee T

Renee T New Member

She had a TIA, as suspected, and is ordered to bedrest. Apparently she has been under a lot of stress for some time, and allowed herself to become too upset over things said on the Board.

I talked to her a few minutes ago, and she was greatly cheered by all of the messages from everybody (I read them to her).

She WAS in Shawnee Mission Med Center, which is where I had my oldest daughter - a really good hospital.

Anyway - thought I'd let you all know.

Renee T
  16. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

Actually NO one owes the board an explanation. That is what started all of this. So, Please be careful!!

This was taken out of my hands--I am attempting to resolve this issue.
    I ask that you all back off and allow me to handle this.

With absolute Love & respect for this board and ALL members!
    Please do continue to send along your best wishes for Nonie!

Jackie F
  17. Cheka

Cheka New Member

For a speedy recovery, Nonie!
    My prayers are with you!!
    Debbie
  18. wheatstalk

wheatstalk New Member

Have been very busy this summer and have seldom had time to come here - I simply DON'T believe Nonie could have ever said anything to warrant banning. Like Renee T, I have met Nonie and she is just as sweet and loving in person as she ALWAYS is on this board. Even if she totally disagreed with someone she would do it in a kind way. While I have learned a lot from this board, I'm really getting disgusted with some of the things that occur here.

Nonie, you have my support and very best wishes - I know you've had a lot of hard things to accept happen in your life. Since I've been off most of the summer I'm sure I perhaps don't know even all the things. Please know you're in my prayers for healing and comfort and ease from both physical & mental pain.

Love,
    Chris
  19. roro

roro New Member

Nonie, you have been a great help to me, and I will be praying for you.
  20. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

I haven't been here all that long, but definitely long enough to know how muched you are admired and loved by this board's members. I'm praying for your speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing your posts again soon. You take care of yourself and don't overdo it!

And remember...don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things! :)

Love,

Regina