Nonrefundable airline tickets

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fmandy, May 28, 2007.

1. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

You know it...I am going to ask this dumb question. Does anyone know of a way to cancel the tickets and get your money back?

I am going to do some googling and will call Expedia tomorrow. I thought that if I am not medically able to fly that maybe I had a chance to get my money back. I don't really know if I have paid for them yet? Wow, this mind of mine...

Thanks in advance for any inflammation :)

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Andy. Maybe if it's a health emergency?

3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hey Andy!

We got a refund on a ticket for my Mom with a note from her doc saying she could not fly. We paid a 10% penalty, but she got the rest back.

Some of it might depend on the airline.

Good luck!

Choose joy!
  4. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

use guys :) I will call today and see what I can find out.

5. katvwolf

katvwolf New Member

You're not canceling your trip to Denver, are you??? GASP! When I said not to bring your stinky feet here, I was only kidding!!!

Knowing how stingy airlines are, they will probably make you change your trip for another time...

Let me know what happens...

6. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Kitty :)

Yes I was hoping to keep my stench out of CO :( Oh what scorn thou layeth upon me!

You meany :) Ha ha ha ha, and again Ha...

Well here is the deal....My wife has an appointment at the National Jewish Medical and Research Hospital in Denver.

I have cured her...See my reply to "hardly know where to begin". It is wayyyyyyyy to long but.....butt what? Ha ha.

She will go, but I don't wanna. If I could cancel the tickets, she might cancel the appointment...I doubt it though because she has already said that we could consider it a vacation.

I've checked and cannot cancel the tickets so I will be in Denver from June 11th - 20th.

My wife has a sleep study one of these nights....I will have a downtown Denver bar study I think. Do they have go-go girl dancing?

Inflammation appreciated,

7. katvwolf

katvwolf New Member

I read the, "Hardly know where to begin", reply and I'm overcome with emotion.

I've been convinced to this day that prednisone and antibiotics are what killed my grandmother. She was a very healthy woman until she hit about 50 and was stricken with asthma. They kept prescribing prednisone and it depleted her immune system. Then, when she would get sick over and over, they would give her antibiotics. It was a vicious cycle that lasted 17 years. She had heart problems and a stroke towards the end... She was only 67 when she passed away...and it was all so needless.

When you're an asthmatic, prednisone is what they throw at you when docs panic. I've been on my share of it and finally put my foot down a few years ago when a doc flippantly wrote me a prescription for it. I told him that he could write it, but that I would never fill it. I'd gather die gasping than die a slow death from prednisone...I know that sounds dramatic, but I consider prednisone more harmful than helpful.

You wife should definitely keep her appointment. Passing along the info on how you've treated your wife and its success is beneficial AND it can't hurt to have her checked out by the best. Besides, it will give you the chance to check out a few strip clubs and smoke a little pot, which is technically legal in Denver now. ;)

Since you and your wife are going to be in Denver for so long, I would recommend making the hour and change drive to Colorado Springs. You cannot miss seeing Garden of the Gods. I'd skip the drive up Pike's Peak (although, I did manage it once with my asthma and fear of heights!), but you can catch an amazing view just by driving through Colorado Springs. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is a MUST. They allow you to feed the giraffes graham crackers. It is hysterical. They walk up to you like big dogs and stick out their disgusting, enormous black tongues to slurp up the crackers (the giraffes, not the zoo employees).

Please forgive my terrible, sick Irish sense of humor, but I can't help but comment on how sexy your wife must have felt with her nasal fungus balls and yeast roll hands. The poor it isn't enough to feel like complete crap without feeling like the Pillsbury dough boy, too.

I blame my sick sense of humor on my grandmother. Even after she had the stroke, we'd make fun of each other. She'd slur something at me and I'd slur back, "What?!", and she'd laugh and call me a w(b)itch. Then, she'd SING to me with her slurry voice, and we'd laugh ourselves silly. This was the same woman, prior to becoming sick, who would squish herself into a hamper so that she could jump out at me when I'd walk past...

The day when I lose my sense of humor is the day I'm truly sick. :)

8. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I was going to edit my reply to you Kat, but clicked on delete instead, lol... BUMMER!
  9. katvwolf

katvwolf New Member

Oh sure...I bet you were one of those, the-dog-ate-my-homework kids, too! LOLLLLLL.

10. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Did you get to read it before I deleted it? I worked soooo hard on the comedy...

Kiss my grits anyway :)

11. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Don't you hate when that happens!?!?!

Choose joy!
  12. katvwolf

katvwolf New Member

Yeah, Andy, you might want to stay away if the TB guy is still in Denver by the time of your trip... Better safe than sorry...I hear drug resistant strains of TB are more potent than your feet...