Normal Ranges

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tizzi, Jan 14, 2006.

1. tizzi

tizzi New Member

Could anyone tell me the normal ranges for EBV?

Thanks in advance.
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

Hi Tizzi ....

You might want to be more specific in you question. Maybe post what your test results say and ask how they "look" or pose you title to a specific group, IE the FFC patients. They might have their tests results more handy then others.

It has been a long time since I had my "baseline EBV" tests done (and follow up testing). I'm not sure I'd know where to look for the paper work.

Also, each lab varies on what their definition of "normal" is, so you may not get a matching range.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Try this title " My EBV numbers are _____ ... Is this Normal?!?" or something along those lines.

Giving a bump back to the top for you.

Elsa
  3. tizzi

tizzi New Member

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm in the UK and I think they do the testing different here as I don't seem to have any numbers just + and -

Heterophile Ab VCA-IgM VCA-IgG EBNA EA(D)
    Susceptible - - - - -
    V Early Infec +/ +/ +/ - -
    Estab'd Infec + + + - +/
    Recent IInfec + + + +/ +/
    Past Infection - - + + +/

Am I positive for EBV and if so is this high?

Thanks in advance.

4. elsa

elsa New Member

That wouldn't work for me. I'd feel like I was being kept in the dark. Can you call the lab and ask what value they used to base you plus or minus on? Or maybe your doctor?

I am just enough of a control freak to not handle a + or - very well, LOL!

Good luck with your search ............ Elsa
  5. tizzi

tizzi New Member

They were not my test results but an example of the interpretation of the results!!!!

Lab did not enclose my results and won't give them to me over the phone. Hopefully will get them through the post in the next few days.

No wonder I couldn't work out my result!

MANY thanks for all your help. MUCH appreciated.