Northampton MA/Dr. Barry Elson/ anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pammy52, Mar 31, 2006.

1. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

Hi,

I have an appt. with Dr. Lynch who is part of the healthcare group in Northampton MA, headed up by Dr. Barry Elson.
    They are listed on the Dr. referrals section of this website.

Has anyone here been to this group and what was your experience there?

Thanks, Pammy
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Just wanted to say hi Pammy and hope ya have a good week-end!

Hugz,
    Tona
  3. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

just bumping
  4. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

heard of him but i live in westfield all my docs are in the northampton easthampton area would be very inerested to hear how it goes please keep in touch thanx kim
  5. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

i haven't heard of this doctor before,
    but i'm from northampton.
    might be a stupid question, but what kind of doctor is he?
    my current rheumatologist is almost two hours away,
    i didn't even know there were any doctors around here.

let me know how you like them =].
  6. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

the rheumatologist that diagnosed me was Schweitzer in Florence. i won't go back to him due to his unpleasant bedside manner.

i use my pcp for all things not needed by Schweitzer. is Elson a rheumatologist?

i live in Westfield, by the way!
  7. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

Dr. Lynch are internists who have a group practice that specializes in chronic pain conditions and chemical sensitivities.
    There is a pain management doc, massage therapist, nutritionist,psychologist etc..
    No rheumy as far as I know.
    The group offers a wide variety of treatments for conditions such as fibro,chronic fatigue,environmental sensitivities, etc..

My PCP wrote a referral upon my request and she too is interested to see what they have to offer in the area of tx. for fibro and chronic fatigue.
    She gave me good advice regarding caution in checking out what my ins. will cover depending on what treatments they suggest.
    Knowing my financial situation,she wanted to be sure I wasn't going to be put into a bind since some of what they offer as treatment is not ins. friendly.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Pammy
  8. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

yes, please let me know the outcome of your visit w/this doctor.

i used to live in hatfield for 6 years then moved back to westfield 2 yrs ago. i miss the area a lot. i know i'm still close enough but it's different when it's a half hour drive up north!

remember, AM interested in results of appt.

thanks, pammy.
  9. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

i called there yesterday after reading your post,
    but apparently they don't take the health insurance we have,
    OR the other one i'm going to be switching to.
    and we can't pay 400 dollars for one visit.

kindof ironic and depressing that alot of these doctors specialized in FM for some reason or other can't see alot of us.

hope your appt. goes well =].
    -danielle
  10. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

is my appt. date.
    I will definitely post a followup.
    I do have to wait to hear from my ins. though for approval.
    My PCP office has sent the referral to Dr. Lynch and I have to follow up with a call to my ins and then the office.
    Hopefully there will not be a glitch.
    I was told by the receptionist that he takes HMO BC/BS but until they see the referral she can't confirm acceptance of that plan.

Danielle,
    Sorry to hear that your ins. isn't one they take.
    I don't think it is right either that those of us who need the care of someone who specializes in our illness, are too often unable to afford it.
    Years ago I started going to a homeopathic Dr. who was really helping me but none of it was covered by my ins. and I finally had to stop going because I just could no longer afford the program he had me on.

Hugs, Pammy