Northeast US & Canada...having problems??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Oct 13, 2005.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'm from Eastern Ontario and have been in an awful flare the past few weeks.

Pain in the buttocks, burning pain in the back of the thigh and pain in the sole of my foot. I was carrying a light grocery bag in my left hand and when I put it down the knuckles in that hand just started throbbing. It's now moved to my neck/shoulder and I can barely hold move my head.

The wife of one of my husband's colleagues is from Montreal and apparently she's been in a terrible flare the last little while. Our husbands were comparing symptoms and it really freaked him out. He said that his colleague could have been describing me.

Is there anyone else from the Northeast having problems right now?

Regards,

Eileen
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I work in Hull (although not today!) and we live just east of Ottawa.

I've been using heat, but mayble I'll switch in some cold too. Yucky weather, hope the indian summer comes soon.

Regards
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... I'm in Kingston and this rotten weather is hard on me as well .. not one of our better Octobers at all ..
  4. spasco

spasco New Member

I live in Upstate NY. Yes, I am flaring badly. I am currently on 60mg of Morphine per day, Lyrica, Soma, etc., etc., etc. I feel worn out.

God bless! Stephanie
  5. ontariogirl

ontariogirl New Member

Since this cool damp weather started my back has been a killer, which of course leads to bad nights and toss and turn sleep.

I've also noticed the return of the "dizzies" and my ears are ringing louder and am Sooo tired all the time.

Hope it settles down soon...

Take care, Marlene
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

naturebaby .. we retired here from our last posting in Holland .. but we were here twice before so we knew the area .. I'll warn you that house prices have really gone up and trying for a place on the lakes is expensive .. but heck ... come on down from Ottawa ! haha ... I actually went to high school ( Bell High ) and university (Carleton ) in Ottawa .. lived in Bells Corners .. so I know what you mean with the bus systems ..
    We had a couple of years that October was magnificient here .. I guess we have to pay for it now though .. groaning and creaking ? haha
    Cuddle up everyone .. it is a bumpy ride through winter !
    Fudge : )
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I need some sun!! This cool damp weather is making all my symptoms worse, fatigue, pain , nausea, depression, you name it.

The good thing about this thread is that I now know that others are feeling the same. It helps a little. Thanks Eileen.

Kathy.
  8. ladyofthemist

ladyofthemist New Member

Wow, I'm experiencing same thing as you Eileen. I'm in Nova Scotia and for a little more than a week now I've been in alot of pain and discomfort. The weather has been damp,cold and we have been getting our fair share of rain.

Luckily I finished work last friday for the winter. Otherwise I'd have to be taking time off because I can barely get around and have had very little sleep.

Here's hoping it gets bareable for us all real soon!

gentle hugs...
    terrylynn
  9. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

and this miserable damp weather is making all my symptons worse. Dread winter starting:(.
    Hugs
    brit
  10. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

brit_17759 ... Try running a de-hunidifier in your most "used" room that you spend most of your time in .. it really helps get the dampness out of the air .. warming and drying it out .. it might make you feel better with the bad weather !
    Good Luck !
    Fudge : )
  11. Donya58

Donya58 New Member

I'm fighting a terrible sinus cold so that may have some to do with it but I've been feeling awful. And, we're in for another rainy weekend. Hopefully some half decent weather soon. Have a good weekend all. Donya:))
  12. vertiesmth

vertiesmth New Member

HI OUT THERE, YES PAIN IS WORSE THIS YEAR, THAN LAST YEAR. BUT PEOPLE WITH ANY FORM OF ARTHRITIS ARE COMPLAINING. LOOKS LIKE WE WILL ALL BE TRYING EVERYTHING WE HEAR ABOUT TILL ONE OF US GETS IT RIGHT.IN THE MEAN TIME LETS ALL STICK TOGETHER AND PRAY. HUGS, VERTIE