NORTHERN IRELAND/FIBROMYALGIA. "HELP"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amberbee, Oct 7, 2005.

1. amberbee

amberbee New Member

Hi, i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in January 2005 and am finding it very frustrating to find anywhere or anyone who can help in Northern Ireland. Although i have met alot of wonderful people on this site in the chat-room, i would appreciate if anyone from Northern Ireland has come across the same difficulties and how they have coped. many thanks. AMBERBEE XX
  2. MKlady

MKlady New Member

bumping ...hoping you get an answer.
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Hi, Amberbee.
    I live in New Mexico in the states and have CFS, rather than Fibro, so I'm afraid I have no practical help for you.
    But I promise that tonight before bed, I will say a special prayer for you, that you find assistance and people that are knowledgable to help you.
    I love all things Celtic, especially music: Lunasa, Capercaillie, Altan, Dougie Maclean, Christie Moore...
    Good luck!
    kholmes
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcome to our board/support group, amberbee!!! Glad that you found us!!

I'm sorry for your diagnosis of fibro, though.

I am from the U.S., but maybe someone from Northern Ireland will come along soon to give you some info.

I don't know if you have the same meds available to you as we do here, but what has helped me most for the fibro is a new anti-depressant called Cymbalta, and Neurotin which is for nerve pain but also helps fibro pain. I also take Zanaflex, a muscle relaxer, at night to help sleep.

I read your bio, and I, too, am a grandmother with diabetes (insulin dependent). I also have neuropathy in my feet. The Cymbalta has been approved for diabetics with neuropathy.

I'm never in the chat room, but I hope to "talk" with your often here!

(((Hugs)))
    Janet
  5. severina

severina New Member

Hello Amberlee,
    Im from N.Ireland - Ive been coming to this site for years and its nice to meet someone so close to home. Get in touch and check out my profile for more info about me>hope to hear from you soon!

6. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I come from Southern Ireland and have been on this Board for about two years.

I find it great for information.

There is a support group in Northern Ireland. I cant remember the address but I left it because nobody seemed to post anything.

Type up Fibromyalgia, Northern Ireland and it should come up.

Mary
  7. amberbee

amberbee New Member

BUMP,even though you have no answers to my question thankyou for taking the time for replying. I truely appreciate the thought. Amberbee X
  8. amberbee

amberbee New Member

Many thanx K for all your thoughts especially for the prayer. I myself will ask my brother who is a pastor to say a special prayer in his church for you. I truely hope you get back on your feet and can continue with your outdoor pursuits because i really miss mine. Amberbee X
  9. amberbee

amberbee New Member

Thankyou Janet for your reply and your thoughts. I will take the names of the medication you have mentioned to my doctor to see if they are available in the uk, but unfortunately alot of new medication has yet to reach us. I will indeed keep in touch with you via this site and hope you have more good days than bad!!. Amberbee XX
  10. amberbee

amberbee New Member

Thankyou for the reply Arlene. I onlt found this site recently and am still finding my feet. All iseem to do at the minute is watch tv and videos(love a good horror). I have a wee cat called Amber who is a godsend(bit hyper though).Tanks again hope to hear from you soon. Amberbee X
  11. amberbee

amberbee New Member

Thanks for the reply Mary. I think i know the group you are talking about. I got in touch with them about 6 months ago and was told they have meetings every few weeks where sufferers can meet up and talk, but have yet to get there as i am in alot of pain all the time. Now i have found this site and i find it very comforting that everyone is very friendly and willing to help one another. keep in touch. Amberbee XX