Nosebleed in the mouth? What's this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bonwar, Jul 20, 2003.

1. bonwar

bonwar New Member

For about the last year and a half of FM I have been having nosebleeds off and on. Yesterday I had one that didn't come out my nose, but I was spitting blood for about 5 minutes. Any ideas what this is all about?

thanks,
    bonwar
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I never had a nosebleed in my life, and if I were you I would call the doctor ASAP!

My brother used to get nosebleeds, but I never heard of one from the mouth.

Do please, call your doctor..................

Shalom, Shirl
  3. beckster

beckster New Member

was little (grade school) I would get very bad nosebleeds.
    The teacher or principal would pack my nose and make me put my head back. I never liked this as it made the blood run
    down my throat to my mouth. After grade school I never had them. I am not a doctor; don't know about your case. Maybe you should see your doctor?
  4. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

This has been a least favorite if there ever was!You most def.should see your DR. Mine sent me to an ENT. I can't even remember what it is called,but recall it had to do w/dry tissues is nasal & nasophayanyx cavities.It still occurs occasionally(weekly).With initial tratment I was Ok for a tad. Good luck,Ez
  5. beckster

beckster New Member

6. Stillkicking

Stillkicking New Member

Lots of things can cause nosebleeds. Septal spurs, infection and cancer are some. Find a good ENT doctor and let us know how it goes.
  7. bonwar

bonwar New Member

...for all your help & advice. I suppose I should make a doc's appointment, but you know I always hesitate because I don't like to seem a pest...

cheers,
    bonwar