Not a good day!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrotigger, Sep 19, 2003.

1. fibrotigger

fibrotigger New Member

Hi all,

The last couple of days have been really bad pain wise. Wed. night I couldn't sleep and was up til 11:00 a.m. Thurs. Thanks to the chatroom, I had some company from fibrodiva and koolkat. Thanks guys, you helped me make it through the night (I think there's a song title in there somewhere) LOL

I finally slept about 5-1/2 hours yesterday, but when I woke up the pain was horrible and still is today. I finally took some extra meds so I could get my Fri. work done. If I don't do the laundry, etc. on Fri. my poor, wonderfully supportive DH has to do it on the weekend. He had to last weekend, so I decided to try and spare him this weekend.

Y'know, even with the extra meds, I'm still in such pain that I can't even get off my recliner (my bed away from bed) (I did get some stuff done first, tho)

I have to go have a colonoscopy (my 1st) next Wed. and I'm certainly not looking forward to that as they can't get me sedated. I told the nurse today, hey, if it's my respiration you're worried about, I'll be in the hospital, y'all can bring me back to life. She said they don't like to do that cuz it causes too much paperwork. LOL! Thank god I still have some semblance of a sense of humor or I'd go crazier than I already am.

Well, this is certainly not an uplifting post, but I just need some good thoughts coming my way. TIA

Gentle bouncy hugs,
    fibrotigger
  2. DesertSongDog

DesertSongDog New Member

"I told the nurse today, hey, if it's my respiration you're worried about, I'll be in the hospital, y'all can bring me back to life. She said they don't like to do that cuz it causes too much paperwork."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the laugh, good to see the nurse can have a sense of humor.

I've been having a bad week myself. I hope you feel better soon.
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Fibrotigger:

I can certainly relate to how you have been feeling. The last couple of weeks have been really hard for me, too. Like you, I am trying to maintain my sense of humor, but it can be really difficult at times. I only missed one day of work. Tonight I am determined to get groceries (fortunately it's a smaller shopping trip this time), but hubby will have to start helping me for the bigger shopping trips. I, too, have a supportive husband like you do. I really feel for the people here who have no one to help and support them.

The other night in the middle of the night I had woke up again in pain. My husband also happened to be awake. He told me he often wishes he could share the pain so I wouldn't have to have it so much! Then he told me he thinks I am really brave. That made me feel so good especially right now!

Hang in there and try to keep your sense of humor! Good luck with the colonoscopy. I had one a few years back.

Ellen
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I feel for ya'.

I had a colonoscopy last week and felt better for a few days than I had for quite some time - due to the "clean out" prep. By the way they found 3 small polyps, removed them while they were in there and they were benign. It just means I have to go back in 4 yrs for another colonoscopy.