Not again Clinical evidence redtape HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Oct 23, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Ok, long story short. I am applying for cash benefits from the state. I am in the process of diagnosing CFS for sure. My MD can't, so he is sending me to a chronic fatigue clinic in Seattle. I have applied for SSDI on grounds of my PTSD.

I was denied cash assistance 5 mo. ago since my doc would not provide a letter to DSHS that I could not work since he had no "clinical evidence". I thought giving him some time would make him at least belive me although there's no laboratory or other testing prooving I am unable to work.

Now I asked for a letter for DSHS again. he again says he won't provide a letter that I am unable to work. He want to see what the chronic fatigue clinic visits discloses. To get to an appointment can take months.

He of course also want my file from my Psychiatrist regarding my PTSD which is easier to provide than the other stuff. Soooo,,

Now I stand here, with no letter, which will eventually deny my app. for cash assistance.

What do you think I should do? I understand my woed is not clinical evidence. I also understand that my doc have not spent much time evaluating my claims of cognitive difficulties, postural tachycardia, neuropathy, etc by referring me. This shouldn't be something I should pay for. I started seeing him in January after leaving a good-head physician who had no clue.

January til October is 9 months. That's quite some time waiting patiently while batteling redtape to be able to have any finances coming into the household at all.

I am going to see my Psych. too, but it may take weeks to get in, and he might not want to give me a letter either- I am not going to assume anything.

Advice?

If I go to a new doc. it will take time to establish a trust, etc, etc. I can't just walk in to a strangers office and say:- "Hey, by the way, I am sick, but you can't proove it, but I need a letter to DSHS saying I can't work." That will seem SOO malingering-y,,,LOL!

I need advice, desperately. I have tried to find stuff about clinical evidence of CFS. Some things my doc could have done have not been done. I need this letter now, though.

Thanks for listening!

2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Ouch- I'll check those out. I think you can get GAU if you're not elegible for SSI. I am elegible to apply for SSDI (and have done that), but were apparently not elegible (probably) for SSI.

Thanks for replying!
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Just checked it, according to DSHS online the following is needed:

"When we receive your medical evidence, we review it to see if it is complete and to decide whether your circumstances match GAU program requirements."

The very thing my doc won't give me yet! Bummer.

4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Well, we'll see what happens. I have to go down there with nada. I called the worker and told her my doc is making a fuss about sending me to CFS clinic before he feel he can help.

In the meantime I continue to pull myself up the stairs, and feel like a viral mess! Sure, no clinical evidence, but gee, give me a break! He could say to "hold any activities until diagnosis is made" or something like that! Clinical evidence my rear!
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Many hugs, Ouch.